Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does everyone think about the xu rear heavy-duty bumper? Also does anyone have the rack and net kit for the xu rear cargo box. Would like to see a picture of it

·
Registered
121 Posts
I didn't know that there was a xu rear heavy-duty bumper option. I certainly haven't seen one in the Ski Doo cataloge.

·
Registered
80 Posts
My biggest gripe against my expy is the horrible tow hitch and lack of rear bumper. You definately shouldn't have to buy/make a solid rear bumper and tow hitch on a $14,000 utility sled

·
Registered
361 Posts
Anyone know when these 2015 new items are available to order ?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Not sure, but I'd imagine soon. I'm going to order one of the rear bumpers and probably the receiver kit. The inserts I'll make/weld up myself since their prices on those are Insane. Lot's of nice items in that catalog - I now have the printed version. Much easier than reading on the screen. Easier to dog ear pages also. :)

Reactions: Snow Terror

·
7,718 Posts
The front bumper is a good piece made with a super-hard grade of thin wall steel pipe. The rear bumper looks good too but it's alu... Not real robust when it comes to impact.

·
7,718 Posts
My biggest gripe against my expy is the horrible tow hitch and lack of rear bumper. You definately shouldn't have to buy/make a solid rear bumper and tow hitch on a $14,000 utility sled
And then people would complain that it costs too much... Catch 22 situation

·
Registered
431 Posts
Not sure if folks know it but if you to to http://ski-doo/videos/gallery

there is a video of all the new utility accessories showing them pretty well.

One thing on the HD bumper that wasn't obvious to me from the printed catelog

is you can have a standard HD tongue hitch on it (like the new SS one) AND the

receiver at the same time. The Hitch mounts directly to the bumper (And the steel

backing plate) and the receiver hangs under it.

My first impression was that you'd need to get (or fabricate) the receiver insert and put

the hitch on that but that's not the case.

Reactions: khanson1972

·
7,718 Posts
Not sure if folks know it but if you to to http://ski-doo/videos/gallery

there is a video of all the new utility accessories showing them pretty well.

One thing on the HD bumper that wasn't obvious to me from the printed catelog

is you can have a standard HD tongue hitch on it (like the new SS one) AND the

receiver at the same time. The Hitch mounts directly to the bumper (And the steel

backing plate) and the receiver hangs under it.

My first impression was that you'd need to get (or fabricate) the receiver insert and put

the hitch on that but that's not the case.
Thanks for the link to the vids, I had not seen them. I have to laugh at the similarity between the accessories and tow sled (Equinox Trail Boggan w/front cover) and my gear that I have posted here. Right down to the distance outboard that the rear bumper protrudes out to... do you think they're watching us?! :laugh_old:

·
Registered
431 Posts
LB I think you are right. :) I know myself I've seen so many good ideas for racks, re-inforcements, sleighs, etc., etc., etc. that I've

used to inspire me on new projects it's unreal.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts