Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question. We just picked up a very clean low mile 2011 mxzx 800. For my wife. The previous owner just had the suspension all done the shocks all refreshing and he put heavier springs in the machine. My question is this my wife only weighs 120 lb. I'm wondering if those things are going to be too stiff for her I have it put on the lowest setting and I softened up the shocks. Is that going to be a problem being too stiff for her. I heard that the X springs are kind of on the soft side to begin with. Compared to the xrs. I'm not sure what springs he actually went with their square rather than round. I'm wondering do I measure the spring thickness to see how thick they are with the weight rating is?

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I would definitely try to find a set of original springs. Not sure if that year is rmotion but I know for myself being a heavier guy the heavy duty springs roughen the ride up of the rmotion substantially. From what I've read on here the factory springs are perfect for her weight

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
[/QUOTE]
Not R Motion SC 5 I did some digging we have the 614/615 springs she weighs about 118 without gear I put the springs on number one. She got on the sled it went down 2 inches. that's without gear. I got on it I weigh 185 and it went down just over 4 inches. I am looking into softer springs but wondering if this is to much for her . My sons are going to ride it to they are a tad more aggresive they weigh about 155 with out gear not sure what to do ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts