Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
What are people's opinions on the glove box liner heater plate? I've recently read that it does not do a good job heating. Is this true?

Having just installed the liner, I wanted to install the heater, but the dealer did not have any in stock. Figured for our trip this weekend I might just throw a couple of stick on hand warmers in there and see if that does anything to keep a decent temp in there for a cell phone. Thoughts / experiences with this?

·
Registered
628 Posts
It does absolutly nothing for heat output . Keeping cell phone warm was my plan as well but phone freezes every time . The liner works well , snow does not get in but will be putting phone in coat pocket until they come out with a bigger heater , 3 watts don't do much at -20 .

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
It's useless. Didn't work in my rider bag either. I wired a 12v outlet in it and charge the phone now. Keeps it from freezing.

·
Registered
192 Posts
It's funny, I had one of these heaters in a dash bag on my XP, and it worked really well. I needed it because my previous phone (Sony arc) wouldn't hold a charge over the course of a day. Hell, I had to use a USB charger as well!

Now on my XS with the heater in the glovebox, I have to agree with everyone; it does not seem to be all that effective. Thankfully my current phone (Sony Z3) has no problems with keeping a charge.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks folks. Going to try some hand warmers in there this weekend. I'll report back if that helps keep some warmth in there.

Doubtful, but won't know until I try I guess.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts