Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had an issue with there heated shield plug blowing fuses? I lost one in my sled with 700 miles on it and my buddys isn't working on his blizzard. I know I had an issue the my viser on the helmet so I think that's why mine happened. but my buddy only used his for a day and doesn't leave the cord plugged in. so I know he didn't get contact with the chassis. Any body eles had an issue?
Thanks

·
Registered
390 Posts
Your taking about the assessory, 15amp. Ya,,, my tail light harness arc to tunnel. To save my weekend I unplugged tail light under tank, ran with no lights till I could wrap it up. Good now.

·
Registered
153 Posts
My buddies 16 xrs had the thumb warmer, led light and visor plug got out this past week. Took it to Halstroms in minocqua and the mechanic left a rag in the air box. down trail about a mile and throttle was suck open...! WOW

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The newer style heated shield hook up has a built in 5amp fuse. that way it wont take out the heaters. Those would be the fuses by the battery. Wasn't sure if anyone else was having an issue. My buddy had his blow as well and I thought it was weird that both had the same issue.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It seems to be way more sensitive than it was on the older style plug.. although I would rather lose my shield than the heated grips any day. Been there done that!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts