Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need to connect the wires that came with the shield on the girl's sled...can some post a picture of where I should connect it....it is not the Doo one...it came with the HJC shield..

THANKS!!!
BM800REVX

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
I don't have a pic, but it's not that hard to find. On the exhaust side, at the very top of the vertical bar, just across from your headlight. There will be a female connector with a red and black (If I remember correctly) with nothing plugged into it. You can splice that and hook into it, or, for $40 you can get the Doo hook up, which just plugs in, and you get a neat little plug installed on the flat spot across from your choke. Only took me 10 mins with the doo kit.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Reverand!!

I think your right.... I know the plug you are speaking about

I was going to check on my 800 and just mirror it but want to be sure before I tackled it or tried to re-invent the wheel

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
243 Posts
i wuz gonna use the free cord that came with the heated shield (HJC). I was trying to route the wires up thru to the handlebars when I decided that it really sucked, and that I would be much better off spending the $25 USD and have the pro-install done in, like 3 minutes.
Besides, the chick at the parts counter said it was "easy to do", and, me likey "easy".

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
johhnycrash said:
i wuz gonna use the free cord that came with the heated shield (HJC). I was trying to route the wires up thru to the handlebars when I decided that it really sucked, and that I would be much better off spending the $25 USD and have the pro-install done in, like 3 minutes.
Besides, the chick at the parts counter said it was "easy to do", and, me likey "easy".

[snapback]266775[/snapback]​
Nothing like hearing the words "easy to do" from a chick.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I KNOW!
Lemme tell you. One of the biggest reasons we go to our dealership so much is because of the parts chick. She talks smack with the best of them, and actually knows what shes talking about sometimes.
Besides, you try on a jacket, she says "oh, you look good in that"
Then you remember the "easy" comments,
Next thing you know, you bought another skidoo jacket.
How Fun!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts