Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 mxz renegade. the heated grips wont turn on, the thumb works fine. i was hoping that someone could help me trouble shoot this because i dont really feel like shelling out 100 bucks. i have read around and if they were blown they would have a hole in them, but they dont and neither of them work. any help would be appreciated.

·
stuck...
2,867 Posts
Bad grip. Happened to my rev and my xp. Replace it and it should work

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Usually when one element fails, the others fail soon after. Best to check the element resistance using an ohm meter and manipulate the wires where they enter the grip. The grips tend to rotate a little when agressive riding breaking the wires.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I did my 06 Rev a couple of years ago, so this is going off of memory. But you can check for +12V at the connector under the pad. Don't remember the colors/wires (grab an FSM). If you have +12 there (sled running, grips on), your grips are probably shot. Truth is. 90% likely your grips are shot because the stockers are crap.

I ended up putting on the skidoo cork wrap, with Rsi warmers and gel wraps and haven't regretted one moment. Sometimes it's gets too hot almost.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Check for continuity between the orange and black and the orange-purple and black. The connectors are at the top of the riser under the bar pad. Don't know the exact specs but if there is no continuity you know the grips are bad

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I kept having problems with the BRP grips. First they found the factory didn't ground them correctly. Them I went to the RSI high heat elements. Less expensive and work better. Havnt had any problems in 3 seasons now

1 - 6 of 6 Posts