Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After discovering that i had some holes in my pipes from moisture accumulating in the heat shields i pulled them apart and had a welding buddy of mine braze all the holes. i glass beaded the pipes, got them looking decent again and painted them with bbq paint....which held up great for last season. I wrapped the pipes with 2" header wrap and despite that alot of people on here that told me it doesn't work well i had great results. the only problem i seemed to have was where the pipes would rest on each other. the stock covers had rubber grommets on them which when i tried to duplicate this on my newly wrapped pipes it melted quite quickly. i've tried a bunch of things to keep them apart because the wrap falls apart where the pipes rub together.

I would like to put a set of heat shields back on but mine are pretty much junk and from what the site xtremepowersports tells me they are unavailable from doo. Anybody have another suggestion? I've tried some salvage yards and come up empty at the moment

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Ceramic coat them I did my formula z 670 and you then dont need heat shields it keeps the heat in and it looks like chrome when they are done with it. It looks awsome. I had mine done from the y-pipe to the silencer and it cost me $155 at www.qccoatings.com in michigan they do awsome work. They wont tarnish rust or look like chit anymore either its worth it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts