Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As most of you know i am going to be switching tracks. I just order a Brand new ripsaw 1 1/4 camoplast track and had it shipped to my door for $379. So i want to get it put on this weekend becuase it will be here tomorrow. I am getting ready to order new bearings and maybe a top sprocket with one less tooth. My question is do i need larger hear exchanger protectors with a larger track? They are stock now and i noticed on my 96 formula z583 that when they put studs in that track they put larger protectors in. I cant find the larger protectors for the 97 formula 500 from dennis kirk. So if i need them where can i get them preferably mail order. My local dealer "edit for bad language" me off when they screwed over my little brother so they no longer get any of my business. thanks for any input
mark

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey hows it goin Snowmobilier7c.You should install larger heat exchanger protectors.I put the same track in my 2000 formula deluxe 700. I had the stock ones in, and I put a hole in my back heat exchanger. That also happened because I was also jumping the sled, so that didnt help either.

thanks;

·
Registered
183 Posts
Where did you find a ripsaw for $379 shipped? Also you didn't mention if you were going to stud the track or not. If you are studding it is a must!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found the track at www.sledtrack.com i dont have it yet should be here today or tomorrow at the latest. It was $359 plus shipping. All tracks are shipped for $20. They have the best prices i have seen and excellent service, real nice people. my brother just ordered the kimplex X force and it was $420 plus the shipping so he got it to the door for $440. They also had the other camoplast 1 1/4 tracks most were $365. this is all american figures.

No i am not planning on studding the track. I have studs on the 96 formula z 583 that my g/f rides and had them on the yamaha sx600 tripple i sold my brother. Neither of us are putting studs on them, From just personal opinion we like riding better with out the studs and the track sure does seem to last alot longer.
mark

·
Registered
22 Posts
snowmobiler7c said:
As most of you know i am going to be switching tracks. I just order a Brand new ripsaw 1 1/4 camoplast track and had it shipped to my door for $379. So i want to get it put on this weekend becuase it will be here tomorrow. I am getting ready to order new bearings and maybe a top sprocket with one less tooth. My question is do i need larger hear exchanger protectors with a larger track? They are stock now and i noticed on my 96 formula z583 that when they put studs in that track they put larger protectors in. I cant find the larger protectors for the 97 formula 500 from dennis kirk. So if i need them where can i get them preferably mail order. My local dealer "edit for bad language" me off when they screwed over my little brother so they no longer get any of my business. thanks for any input
mark
[snapback]304538[/snapback]​
www.HRPmotorsports.biz

HRP (Hulings Racing Products) in RockFord, MI has sweet tunnel protectors and front frame protectors. 616 874-6338

·
Registered
882 Posts
i dropped a 1.25x 136 in my 00 mxz 500 . i used to run studs on the stocker but now i dont on the 1.25 i left the larger tunnel protecters in but moved them back to the end of my extention this gave me the clearance up by the top axle in the tunnel and still gave me the peice of mind of not getting into the exchangers .
after a few rides i have notice i have scrubbed the the protectors w/ the new track . but i think its mostly that i havent had the time or snow to get it dialed in yet , not to mention i like to get some air from time to time . from what ive hurd when you stretch it out it changes the leverage in the skid to the softer side . my sled is 6yrs old w/ 6kmi w/ all org shocks and springs so it could be time for some replacments in that deparment also . i have some work to do yet getting used to no studs after running them for yrs. the back end wants to walk around the front when you hit a slick spots talk about a erie feeling .
i even thought of slipping a few studs in just a tick higher than the lugs for bite . i have the 9819 6 pitch snowcross track from tracks usa . as far as the performance of this track i love it it really made my sled fun to ride and gave it a new life you wont be sorry you upgraded yours

1 - 6 of 6 Posts