Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
gotta love liberals! they'll tax the crap out of anything. got this from a friend of mine. thought it may stir up some interesting discussion.

Now your insurance is INCOME on your W2's......

One of the surprises we'll find come next year, is what follows - - a
little "surprise" that 99% of us had no idea was included in the "new and
improved" healthcare
legislation . . . the dupes, er, dopes, who backed this administration
will be astonished!

Starting in 2011, (next year folks), your W-2 tax form sent by your
employer will be increased to show the value of whatever health insurance
you
are given by the company. It does not matter if that's a private concern or
governmental body of some sort. If you're retired? So what; your gross
will go up by the amount of insurance you get. You will be required to pay taxes on a large sum of money that you have never seen. Take your tax form you just finished and see what $15,000 or
$20,000 additional gross does to your tax debt. That's what you'll pay
next
year. For many, it also puts you into a new higher bracket so it's even
worse.

This is how the government is going to buy insurance for the15% that don't
have insurance and it's only part of the tax increases.

Not believing this??? Here is a research of the summaries.....

On page 25 of 29: TITLE IX REVENUE PROVISIONS- SUBTITLE A: REVENUE OFFSET
PROVISIONS-(sec. 9001, as modified by sec. 10901) Sec.9002 "requires
employers to include in the W-2 form of each
employee the aggregate cost of applicable employer sponsored group health
coverage that is excludable from the employees gross income."

Joan Pryde is the senior tax editor for the Kiplinger letters. Go to
Kiplingers and read about 13 tax changes that could affect you. Number
3 is what is above.

Why am I sending you this? The same reason I hope you forward this to
every single person in your address book.

People have the right to know the truth because an election is coming in
November.

·
Please join a club, respect landowners, and prote
2,245 Posts
"The details are not important. What's impoertant is that it passes" Obama.

"We will all find out what's in it after it passes" Pelosi.

With statements like these, is it any wonder the stuff they pass is a "surprise" to just about everyone?

One thing for certain, we all are going to pay for all this. Anyone with a brain knows you have to pay for it all one way or the other. Of course now it seems we are getting hit from every direction.

·
Premium Member
7,282 Posts
yup, taxes for just about anything will be going up. the food or drink you thought was healthy will all of a sudden be bad for you and will be taxed, cuz the gubment did a study........
you name it, it'll go up to pay for health care, oh, and the bigger gubment to 'control the people'

·
I'm disinclined to acquiesce your request.
36,411 Posts
yup, taxes for just about anything will be going up. the food or drink you thought was healthy will all of a sudden be bad for you and will be taxed, cuz the gubment did a study........
you name it, it'll go up to pay for health care, oh, and the bigger gubment to 'control the people'
Guess this is the CHANGE they promised !

·
Registered
304 Posts
I'm not in to politics, but i am an accountant and a tax preparer. Yes there is supposed to be a separate line on the W-2 just to show that you have insurance. That doesn't mean you pay tax on it. It is just for information purposes because if you dont have insurance then there are penalties.

Quote from that Kiplingers article you referenced above:
"3. A requirement that businesses include the value of the health care benefits they provide to employees on W-2s, beginning with W-2s for 2011. The amount reported is not considered taxable income."

·
Premium Member
7,282 Posts
I'm not in to politics, but i am an accountant and a tax preparer. Yes there is supposed to be a separate line on the W-2 just to show that you have insurance. That doesn't mean you pay tax on it. It is just for information purposes because if you dont have insurance then there are penalties.

"3. A requirement that businesses include the value of the health care benefits they provide to employees on W-2s, beginning with W-2s for 2011. The amount reported is not considered taxable income."
IMHO, it's just a start. why else even report it? a lot of taxes will be subtle and not all at once. again, IMHO, after November, watch them accumulate. by the time 2013 comes around, we'll be drowning in them.......

·
Registered
710 Posts
They're gonna find a way to get it from us. With unemployment up they can't just increase income tax, nobody is making income. So they will once again penalize the working middle class by taking from something we've had all along, and thus pushing us to lower class workers.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts

So what about the people that dont file tax returns, or that dont get a w2 or buy their insurance outside of work?????? things that make you go hmmmmmm.

"We will all find out what's in it after it passes" Pelosi (thanks Maine Blizzard)

dont blame me, i voted for Mccain.

·
Registered
8,790 Posts
sooner or later we will have to over throw our govmt. They are not working for us anymore they are working against us. Illeagal aliens have more benefits/rights than we do. Seriously need to think about getting an arsenal together to protect myself from the "MAN"

·
My keyboard expels profanity
4,296 Posts

This kind of information wont go very far in this thread. As you can see the posts since yours are already throwing out the assertions, assumptions and my personal favorite "yeah man, this is just the start"

You will also find the numerous quotations in peoples signatures and the ever popular one liners about change and all the what not.

What you will never find on Dootalk is constructive exchange of ideas. People are too busy (again)quoting, asserting, assuming, and what not to really question, discuss, or even
(ugh) debate anything.

PM me for insurance company info,
Buffy

·
Level 4 Illuminati / NWO whistleblower
1,745 Posts

Hey! Never let the truth get in the way of a good story. Facts bore me to death. Partisan drivel and lies is what I want.

·
The 2nd most interesting man in the world
2,936 Posts
So just how is this insurance thing gonna get payed for , a little magic fairy , cute little lephrechan or a poor taxpayer ? Although the details are vague , some are smart enough to know that WE are going to pay HIGHER taxes.

·
Registered
304 Posts
This kind of information wont go very far in this thread. As you can see the posts since yours are already throwing out the assertions, assumptions and my personal favorite "yeah man, this is just the start"

You will also find the numerous quotations in peoples signatures and the ever popular one liners about change and all the what not.

What you will never find on Dootalk is constructive exchange of ideas. People are too busy (again)quoting, asserting, assuming, and what not to really question, discuss, or even
(ugh) debate anything.

PM me for insurance company info,
Buffy
Yes I know facts don't go very far. Better for him to tell people they will have to pay taxes on their health insurance so everyone can get all worked up and be more ignorant and misinformed than they were before reading it.

·
Premium Member
7,282 Posts
anyone who has taken an Economics class will know what this is:

TINSTAAFL

class dismissed........

·
The 2nd most interesting man in the world
2,936 Posts
So just how is this insurance thing gonna get payed for , a little magic fairy , cute little lephrechan or a poor taxpayer ? Although the details are vague , some are smart enough to know that WE are going to pay HIGHER taxes.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes I know facts don't go very far. Better for him to tell people they will have to pay taxes on their health insurance so everyone can get all worked up and be more ignorant and misinformed than they were before reading it.
my point is not to misinform anyone. it's to show how this administration wants to tax the hell out of anything that they can get there fingers into. to show people how f'd up our country is because a darn muslim ( remember 911!!) and a bunch of tax and spend liberals are in charge. to get people pi$$ed off enough, that maybe they'll investigate this stuff a little further on their own to find out what this administration is really up to. to get them pi$$ed off enough, come november, they'll go and vote all these a-holes out of office.

all the liberals got their "change". now it's time for us conservatives to fight back.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
anyone who has taken an Economics class will know what this is:

TINSTAAFL

class dismissed........
There is too!!! Just don't work or pay taxes.

Then it's all "free".

·
Premium Member
7,282 Posts
There is too!!! Just don't work or pay taxes.

Then it's all "free".
can't give you an 'A' Pat, cuz it's not free for everyone........especially you and me who work to pay for those that take advantage.........

·
And...here.....we.....go.......
5,656 Posts
It would not make logical sense to slide this tax in under the radar. Consider this; with the actual "cash value" of your company-paid health care, the tax increase you would be responsible for would be significant. When you filed your taxes, many or most people would wind up "owing" beyond what they have had withheld during the year. The majority of these people would not be able to write a check and would need to make payments or have their wages garnished. The cost (at the government level) to administrate this, track it, and collect the fees would also be significant. Doesn't make sense. The one change I could see coming related to this would be that many companies deduct employee contributions to health care "pre-tax" legally (there is a name for this type of plan, I can't remember what it is.....) while others make their contributions "post tax" depending on how your company is set up. If your health care contribution is taken "pre-tax" it essentially lowers your gross income and lowers your taxes paid. I can conceivably see the government eliminating the "pre-tax" situation and requiring that all contributions be made "post-tax", therefore raising your taxable gross income to the level which it actually IS.

It would be difficult to establish what your company pays in health care as "income" because technically, it's not. It's a benefits package thing. If they did this, they'd have to tax you on your company car (if you use if for personal use) as well.

Taxes will increase. They always have, regardless of who has been in "the big chair".

Just a thought.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts