Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
cudney or RKtech, both nice heads, going to put one on my 800P tech. who's running one tell me hows it going. What fuel do you need to run, and could you tell a differance! or any other info. trail rideing this sled. Thanks.

·
Registered
264 Posts
They are both good heads. But RKTek makes the head for your sled, you give him what elevation and which fuel you want to use and he makes the head to your specs.

·
Have been
5,940 Posts
I would say if you are in canada use C udney and if in the US use RKT head . This way you save the cross boarder hassel and duty that will aply . I have had both and they are both first class products .Both heads give a cleaner more thurel burn and cool much better than a stock head .

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
Both are good products. My only experience is with RK-Tek. Kelsey's stuff is top notch.

·
Just the Tip!!
2,504 Posts
Not sure if cudney designs a head Like Kelsey does, Mine was designed for a 13:1 compression ratio or 92 octane and higher and jet down to mearly nothing, ran awesome on the SS had more top end than 600 H.O's. Only downfall to running higher octane is detonation and it will happen with bad gas cause it happend to me. My advice go with 89 or higher unless you feel confident or run alot of Octane booster or some aviation in Your sleds.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I run a Cudney head on my 800 HO, immediately picked up a couple of hundred rpm to play with. Added more pin weight and she rips, especially in the mid and upper mid. I have a buddy with same sled, both have Cudney clutch kits, same gearing, only difference is head. I consistantly beat him all year by 3-4 lengths in the mid-range.

·
Have been
5,940 Posts
KJ Motorsports said:
mydoo: the cross border problems don't have to exist with the Cudney products, All season long we've got several of Cudney's Clutch Kits, Piston Kits, Rings, and Billet Cylinder Heads in stock.
[snapback]788552[/snapback]​
You are rite if you live in the US but if you are in Canada there is no RKT dealer that I could find . My experiance with costoms and UPS is a desaster and cost me twice what the listed price was .If there is a RKT dealer in Canada could some one please let me know .

·
Highlife says: "UpAndOver Baby!"
1,281 Posts
Sweet Baby Rev said:
I run a Cudney head on my 800 HO, immediately picked up a couple of hundred rpm to play with. Added more pin weight and she rips, especially in the mid and upper mid. I have a buddy with same sled, both have Cudney clutch kits, same gearing, only difference is head. I consistantly beat him all year by 3-4 lengths in the mid-range.

[snapback]788686[/snapback]​
Nice reply with good facts.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
mydoo said:
KJ Motorsports said:
mydoo: the cross border problems don't have to exist with the Cudney products, All season long we've got several of Cudney's Clutch Kits, Piston Kits, Rings, and Billet Cylinder Heads in stock.
[snapback]788552[/snapback]​
You are rite if you live in the US but if you are in Canada there is no RKT dealer that I could find . My experiance with costoms and UPS is a desaster and cost me twice what the listed price was .If there is a RKT dealer in Canada could some one please let me know .
[snapback]788738[/snapback]​
I send stuff across the border every week.. I use the US POstal service so there is not any duty.. I fyou use UPS. then ther eis a broker.. Without UPS there is no Broker.

Kelsey

PS.. My vote goes to the RKT
head!!

·
Big Member
984 Posts
Both make good heads. Call them up and ask them how is their head.
My sled pulls harder past 3/4 throttle. I have 13:1 compression & run 2.5 gal of 110 race gas with each tank to get over 91 octane. We have poor gas. You will need to shim the needles or switch to 600 needles because the Pteks with the heads are lean in the mid range. You can also drop the main jets but I didn't because of the extreme temps I ride in. I am using 20 Pilot Jets, .020 Needle Shims and 440 mains. I'd like to be a little richer in the mids so I'm going to switch to 600 needles.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Specialty Sleds in Edmonton Alberta Canada sells RK TEK products. That's who I bought my RK TEK head from for my 2003 REV 800. 14.5:1 compression ratio. 6000 feet and up. Sled works awesome. Need some 110 octane for the flat land riding to prevent detonation.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
[quote name='BARBARIAN-X' date='Apr 3 2006, 09:15 PM']
Both make good heads. Call them up and ask them how is their head.
My sled pulls harder past 3/4 throttle. I have 13:1 compression & run 2.5 gal of 110 race gas with each tank to get over 91 octane. We have poor gas. You will need to shim the needles or switch to 600 needles because the Pteks with the heads are lean in the mid range. You can also drop the main jets but I didn't because of the extreme temps I ride in. I am using 20 Pilot Jets, .020 Needle Shims and 440 mains. I'd like to be a little richer in the mids so I'm going to switch to 600 needles.
[snapback]788897[/snapback]​

How do you guys DIAL-IN all those tuning changes to make SURE you are optimizing?

Oh, Barbarian--next time you are in MI with those sleds, just sell me one. Just about perfect!

·
Big Member
984 Posts
ttraynor said:
How do you guys DIAL-IN all those tuning changes to make SURE you are optimizing?
[snapback]788941[/snapback]​
Discussions with forum members who ride similar elevations & mods to get a base line. From there plug readings and you can check piston wash . I like to be jetted a little fat to be on the safe side.

ttraynor said:
Oh, Barbarian--next time you are in MI with those sleds, just sell me one. Just about perfect!
[snapback]788941[/snapback]​
I wish I owned two sleds like that! The sig pic is a pic of each side joined together.

·
Premium Member
11,601 Posts
Just did a total rebuild on my '04 REV X 600 SDI.

New crank bearings, new Cudney pistons and rings, new Cudney 600 head, new reed petals.

Yeah the snow is gone, but I've got tell ya that during my warm up and cool down sessions this motor reacts.

Met Bill years ago when I was grass dragging and you are not going to find a more informed ski-doo guy that gives you total service.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I may be using a used "Sea-level" RKT head on my 04' 800HO next season which is 13:1 I believe.....
anyone know what jetting this head needs ? (sled is all stock) I thought I read you can go down 3-4 main jet sizes, seems like alot.
This is for under 1000ft, any info where to start (from experience) would be nice.

BJ....you sell these, any Sea-level specs ?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.