Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the end of a ride today my headlights started flickering and then my speedo and tach dropped to zero and all my dash lights were on and the sled was beeping. Not the usual beep though that occurs when the key is ajar a bit, have not diagnosed it yet just wondering what you guys think it may be. Will be looking at it later today

·
Premium Member
27,902 Posts
Does it have Electric Start? If not then chances are it is related to the stator, or it could be a faulty VR, or it could have a parasitic draw from a chafed wire that is shorting to the chassis ground.

Start with measuring voltage at idle and 3000 rpm. Then unplug one of the two headlights and take another set of voltage measurements. Also provide the idle rpm. A simple table like the one below makes it much easier to record and for us to follow.

Test idle 3000 rpm

Both head lights ?? Vdc ?? Vdc
One head light ?? Vdc ?? Vdc

·
Premium Member
27,902 Posts
The configuration harness and relay could also be at fault, or a bad fuse. Often it is simple.

See if the voltage is good when the sled is cold and if so make a note when the problems appear, such as after it warms-up or revs-up or gets an impacts like a landing after lifting the front end.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes it has electric start, have not looked at it yet. Hopefully it's just a relay, also my hand and thumb warmers weren't always working.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts