Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was just up riding over the weekend in the U.P. Rode out of Seney and up around Grand Marais and down to Manistique (Big Springs) Stopped at the "Hot Dog Stand" just south of Grand Marais. There were 3 Conservation Officers there. I have yellow light covers on my MXZ. One of them came over and said he just wanted to let me know that the covers were outlawed this year, all of them. He said they were giving warnings but the DNR was writing tickets. Really nice guy. Ithanked him and threw my covers in the trunk. Just trying to help some of you from getting a ticket.

·
Premium Member
11,601 Posts
Yep...I posted the link about a month ago.

Were they Sheriff Deputies or Conservation Officers?

You said that they informed you that the DNR were issuing tickets...A Conservation Officer is the DNR.

Just wondering.

Bob

·
Registered
513 Posts
I wish that they would do that here in NY. I have never had a problem with most of them, but the one that I do is the RED ones. The red is just down right stupid and should not be allowed at all.

REVBob

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Happy to see they were nice about it, just a warning and all, but I'm more impressed they're enforcing it. It's about time!!!!!

Norm

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bobadoo said:
Yep...I posted the link about a month ago.

Were they Sheriff Deputies or Conservation Officers?

You said that they informed you that the DNR were issuing tickets...A Conservation Officer is the DNR.

Just wondering.

Bob

[snapback]259277[/snapback]​
They were Conservation Officers. That's what it said on their vests. I thought the DNR was a separate division. Maybe they meant the deputies were giving tickets.
I don't see anything wrong with the yellow or green ones. I guess they just don't want to have any confusion about which ones are legal and not so they banned them all.

·
Good at wrecking stuff.
5,634 Posts
Red and blue are illegal no matter what because of the state's lighting code. Those colors are reserved for emergency fire and police vehicles. I think they just outlawed them all to avoid the confusion.

·
Professional Rider - Do Not Attempt
932 Posts
Very nice that the CO just gave you a warning, because the DNR usually just writes you the ticket and sends you on your way with no discussion about it. Count your blessings. Good law, IMO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts