Boot? There's no boot. I replaced mine this past weekend.johhnycrash said:pull back the boot, remove bulbs
My apologies... I've got to correct my post. My 06 does not have a boot over the headlight connector, but photos shown on other posts clearly show that other models or years do indeed have a boot.06SDIAdrenaline said:Boot? There's no boot. I replaced mine this past weekend.johhnycrash said:pull back the boot, remove bulbs
- Pull connector off back of bulb. Pull straight back; there's no clasp
- Turn the collet to the left something like 1/4 turn or a little more (it's the zinc & yellow chromate ring)
- Collet pulls straight off
- Pull bulb straight rearward to extract; no turning
- Note the orientation of the cup over the filament--that's how the new one needs to go in (the cup inside the bulb!)
- Don't touch the new bulb with your bare fingers. If you do, wash it with rubbing alcohol
A recent post made it out that you should remove the gauge package. I see no need for that and I think you won't either.
Any Q's feel free to PM me.