243 Posts
pull back the boot, remove bulbs

·
Registered
260 Posts
johhnycrash said:
[snapback]693725[/snapback]​
Boot? There's no boot. I replaced mine this past weekend.

- Pull connector off back of bulb. Pull straight back; there's no clasp
- Turn the collet to the left something like 1/4 turn or a little more (it's the zinc & yellow chromate ring)
- Collet pulls straight off
- Pull bulb straight rearward to extract; no turning
- Note the orientation of the cup over the filament--that's how the new one needs to go in (the cup inside the bulb!)
- Don't touch the new bulb with your bare fingers. If you do, wash it with rubbing alcohol

A recent post made it out that you should remove the gauge package. I see no need for that and I think you won't either.

Any Q's feel free to PM me.

·
Registered
427 Posts
That's good info.

I changed mine out also, up grade bulbs, with out taking anything apart. Later when installing a vent in the dash panel, I had it loose and looked at the headlamp module and thought, man now I have some clearance to see things and change the bulbs. If your not familiar with the bulb it might be easer to have the panel loose.

·
Registered
260 Posts
06SDIAdrenaline said:
johhnycrash said:
[snapback]693725[/snapback]​
Boot? There's no boot. I replaced mine this past weekend.

- Pull connector off back of bulb. Pull straight back; there's no clasp
- Turn the collet to the left something like 1/4 turn or a little more (it's the zinc & yellow chromate ring)
- Collet pulls straight off
- Pull bulb straight rearward to extract; no turning
- Note the orientation of the cup over the filament--that's how the new one needs to go in (the cup inside the bulb!)
- Don't touch the new bulb with your bare fingers. If you do, wash it with rubbing alcohol

A recent post made it out that you should remove the gauge package. I see no need for that and I think you won't either.

Any Q's feel free to PM me.
[snapback]693756[/snapback]​
My apologies... I've got to correct my post. My 06 does not have a boot over the headlight connector, but photos shown on other posts clearly show that other models or years do indeed have a boot.

In either case, I hope my instructions don't throw anyone off if they find a boot along the way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts