Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Looking for a variety of riding. I would like to do some off trail GPS riding and then some good trail riding with the wife. Any tips would be great as I have never been in that area.

·
Registered
54 Posts
trails might not be to bad but i would sled north of orillia.as far as riding off the trail it`s not going to happen around orillia pretty much all farm land.head up to the swift darn and go out towards nine mile lake and you can do some off trail riding there.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
brs2002 said:
Looking for a variety of riding. I would like to do some off trail GPS riding and then some good trail riding with the wife. Any tips would be great as I have never been in that area.
[snapback]714969[/snapback]​
Go a little further north about a hour or so.Go to a little town on hwy 11 ( you take it to get to Orrilia) called Katrine ,park at Searles gas station the trail is right behind the pumps.Awesome trails with a great variety on and off .Just don't tell anyone it's my little jem of a place

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WE ARE WANTING TO STAY WHERE THERE IS SOMETHING DO DO IN THE EVENING SO FIGURED ORILLIA IS A NICE PLACE....... WILL RIDE ALL DAY AND THEN HANG OUT AT NIGHT WITH THE WIFES. HOW FAR TO SWIFT darn AND NINE MILE?????

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
Go further north and stay off Lk Simcoe or any big lakes or lakes/rivers with moving water. Some areas have 18 inches and others have not even froze up yet this year. You are surrounded by private property and every mile north will bring more snow and better base. Huntsville - North Bay - New Liskeard - Timmins is reportedly very good right now. Unload and sled north.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tinker said:
Go further north and stay off Lk Simcoe or any big lakes or lakes/rivers with moving water. Some areas have 18 inches and others have not even froze up yet this year. You are surrounded by private property and every mile north will bring more snow and better base. Huntsville - North Bay - New Liskeard - Timmins is reportedly very good right now. Unload and sled north.

[snapback]715233[/snapback]​
we usually head up to WAWA but are trying to limit our drive. I could drive 5 hours and 50 minutes to Christmas in the UP and have tons of snow or 5 hours to Orillia where I hear the snow is good........ I know of alot of places with great snow but dont want to drive all the way there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts