Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 05 SDI no electric start

I am having an issue where the head light and tail light will just stop working and then start working again. I have checked all the fuses, and have tested all my relays to know they are good. The mother of all relays thread is of great help for understanding how the Relays play into the overall system. Thanks Dix. When the lights are not working the sled runs great. I should mention that it seem like when I start it, if they are on, they stay on. If I start it and they don't come on, they stay off as long as it is running.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I should add that with the sled off the battery has 13.2 volts and with it running it has 14.68 at idle and 14.48 a14.58 as the rpms go up. This tells me it is not a voltage regulator or the stator correct?

·
Premium Member
27,910 Posts
I should add that with the sled off the battery has 13.2 volts and with it running it has 14.68 at idle and 14.48 a14.58 as the rpms go up. This tells me it is not a voltage regulator or the stator correct?
You are on the ball !!!

·
Premium Member
27,910 Posts
When the lights are not working the sled runs great.

When I start it, if they are on, they stay on.

If I start it and they don't come on, they stay off as long as it is running.

It is beginning to sound like a problem with the splice in the VI/RD wire that is approx 7in from the fuse box. I have never had this problem, but other owners have. If it not a problem with the Load Relay, the bad splice could be a possible problem. In some Shop Manuals Ski-Doo doo say to check the splices and show how to use solder to correct any problems. When soldering splices apply a little solder to the soldering gun to help distribute the heat to the splice. I would not use a soldering iron, but it can be done by applying solder to the tip. From the work you have done thus far, you should have no trouble finding and correcting the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts