·
E-Tec Rules
33,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need a head gasket for a huski where can i find one

·
Banned
1,103 Posts
to tell you the truth, you dont need one, what people do to gain more compression is remove the head gasket and use tht liquid gasket stuff to seal it from air. Yould try this if you cant find the gasket, cause for tht sled its a hard to find part

·
Registered
357 Posts
Ur right my friend has a huski and he searched high and low for one they dont exsist degasus is right but make sure its high heat gasket not just regular gasket u would use for say the crank case also high heat silicone will be usful

·
E-Tec Rules
33,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the head gasket is for a JLO 247CC

·
Banned
1,103 Posts
lol, still a hard to find part

·
E-Tec Rules
33,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have used the red locktite 515 sealer on crankcase halves, but did not know this would work as a replacement for a head gasket. I checked the manugacturer's recomendation and this is good for -65 deg to + 300 deg, which would not work at combustion temps.

so i'll check on a sealer that can be used for high temps, does anyone any have a manufacture's name and part no ?? thanks

·
Banned
1,103 Posts
umm they got one at royal made buy loctit I think its called gasket replacer. Or buy yamalub.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Try Coppercoat. Sprays on like contac cement. Ive used it on v8 motors with good results. Its made for heat situations.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts