Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
???????????????????
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to a local lake today, because I didn't feel like driving three hours north to go trail riding. It was very patchey ice to snow. I was racing around with some friends on Polarises. The last run we did, I heard this noise for the third time. I thought it was studs getting shot out, because I didn't put enough in so almost all are bent over and many missing after only a couple hundred miles. Still spins like a mofo when everybody else is hooking up.
Anyways, we stopped halfway accross the lake because my buddy ran out of gas. My other buddy went and got the tow strap. He started towing him, and everytime I tried to get over there and throw some roost in their faces, but my brother kept blocking me. I realized he was trying to say something and was laughing his @ss off. Finally he points to my skis. My right ski had fallen off, and I didn't notice!!
It had been handling like "edit for bad language" all day, but I figure it was because of the ice even though my buddies were turning a lot better than me. The noises I heard must have been that ski rattling as the bolt was coming out.
My brother went out looking for my ski and couldn't find it. So I stood on the left side of my sled and went out too. I know it couldn't have been gone long because every time the bracket touched down I got a cloud of snow/ice in my face. Somebody must have picked it up, because we looked everywhere. My brother even checked the entire shore line where it could have been, because we were going around 100mph when I most likely lost it. I wish whoever picked it up would have just left it. I can understand picking up trash out there, but it's not like it was a stray mitten on the playground. Obviously if someone loses a ski they'll be back for it.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Sparky8370 said:
I went to a local lake today, because I didn't feel like driving three hours north to go trail riding. It was very patchey ice to snow. I was racing around with some friends on Polarises. The last run we did, I heard this noise for the third time. I thought it was studs getting shot out, because I didn't put enough in so almost all are bent over and many missing after only a couple hundred miles. Still spins like a mofo when everybody else is hooking up.
Anyways, we stopped halfway accross the lake because my buddy ran out of gas. My other buddy went and got the tow strap. He started towing him, and everytime I tried to get over there and throw some roost in their faces, but my brother kept blocking me. I realized he was trying to say something and was laughing his @ss off. Finally he points to my skis. My right ski had fallen off, and I didn't notice!!
It had been handling like "edit for bad language" all day, but I figure it was because of the ice even though my buddies were turning a lot better than me. The noises I heard must have been that ski rattling as the bolt was coming out.
My brother went out looking for my ski and couldn't find it. So I stood on the left side of my sled and went out too. I know it couldn't have been gone long because every time the bracket touched down I got a cloud of snow/ice in my face. Somebody must have picked it up, because we looked everywhere. My brother even checked the entire shore line where it could have been, because we were going around 100mph when I most likely lost it. I wish whoever picked it up would have just left it. I can understand picking up trash out there, but it's not like it was a stray mitten on the playground. Obviously if someone loses a ski they'll be back for it.
[snapback]747164[/snapback]​
haha that sucks. atleast u have a good little story to tell some day.

·
RIP Old 600
2,646 Posts
all i gotta say is, HOW DID U NOT NOTICE?!?!?! if that had dug into the ice, ur story would have been wayy different.

Andrew

·
???????????????????
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah it could have been a much different story. I was complaining about my bad luck to a buddy that was there. He started laughing at me and said that I was a lucky SOB since it happened on the lake instead of on the trail. If I would have got it caught up in one of the fishing holes though......

As far as not noticeing, like I said I was on bare ice much of the time and it was handleing poor. It had seemed to be getting worse. To the point where I could turn the bars side to side, and it wouldn't turn unless I threw a little body english in. This must have been because the ski was so lose. I think I lost the ski when I was in a mist of snow dust from the 2 Polarises that were always ahead of me. The previous owner set this thing up for holeshots or something. It has been geared down, and has a ton of power right off the bottom.I had to put a new track on as sonn as I bought it. The old track had 192 studs. I bought a pre-drilled (144) ripsaw, but I didn't get the double backers so I could only install 96. In a drag race, the 96 studs have seemed to make no difference. I've lost at least 10 of them and almost all the remaining studs are bent over backwards.

·
Registered
233 Posts
You think loosing a ski is bad...i had a wheel bearing sieze up on a car and ride over the bearing nut when the bearings disintegrated....think i could find it? NO. drove through the ditches where it happened for an hour, checked some fields pretty deeply in, no luck. so SOMEONE has a tire, rim, and brake drum all bolted together for a jetta...

·
???????????????????
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well the guy that ran out of gas said I could have his stock polaris skis with brand new doolys. Then I went over to my brother's buddy's house to answer some electrical questions he had, and he gave me a set of Doo precision skis that just need loops. Going to ebay now for some toe loops.

G

·
andybob1001skidoomxz said:
all i gotta say is, HOW DID U NOT NOTICE?!?!?! if that had dug into the ice, ur story would have been wayy different.

Andrew

[snapback]747219[/snapback]​
Very lucky!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts