Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can it be done?
Is there anything to watch out for?
Will it ruin Hyfax?
Should i not try it?

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
I did that on my 01 and 02 MXZ's but the Mach has tunnel protectors right in the middle of the window. It works great-but be prepared for shorter track life. My 02 started spitting windows with studs out at 4000 miles. Lots of load on those studs but great traction.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Early Rider said:
Can it be done?
Will it ruin Hyfax?
Should i not try it?
[snapback]294379[/snapback]​
I have 192 ice picks & chizels with my closed windows studded for Lake racing only...I have it done on my 3/4" lug track with 1.18" shovel points & doubble holed backers to support it. The PROBLEM is the tip of the studs are hitting my 1" nylon protectors & the stock front protectors when the track balloons prolly when braking. I keep the track tight as possible. The back of the stud works good just as a track clip so no problem there.

The traction is UNREAL when studding here but be carefull.

·
Registered
219 Posts
rjsmxzx800 said:
Early Rider said:
Can it be done?
Will it ruin Hyfax?
Should i not try it?
[snapback]294379[/snapback]​
I have 192 ice picks & chizels with my closed windows studded for Lake racing only...I have it done on my 3/4" lug track with 1.18" shovel points & doubble holed backers to support it. The PROBLEM is the tip of the studs are hitting my 1" nylon protectors & the stock front protectors when the track balloons prolly when braking. I keep the track tight as possible. The back of the stud works good just as a track clip so no problem there.

The traction is UNREAL when studding here but be carefull.
[snapback]294876[/snapback]​

1 - 4 of 4 Posts