Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer in Reno NV said that BRP was sending a fix for the fuel pick-up problem with the Sumitt 1000's, and that it would take about 3-4 hours to install. Of course they took a week off for a BOAT show!!! So, I was wondering if anyone has had it done yet, and if it is a fact that BRP is giving a 2nd year on the engine?

·
Registered
307 Posts
According to BRP, the parts are mostly on back order (they had a few in stock but they went fast). They need a straight coupling to replace the 90 degree coupling currently in use. The coupling is really not the issue though; it only permits a loop in the vacuum hose abouve the coupling to prevent condensated oil from dribbling down into the pump.

BRP is allowing the dealers a 2-hour labor claim on warranty. Dealers are saying the task really takes about 3-hours. Since the engine has to be raised slightly to do the task, there is a little work involved.

·
Registered
149 Posts
baD-MAX said:
Fuel pickup problem is still not solved. My sled still does it after the updates. BRP needs to address this problem again.
[snapback]330339[/snapback]​
just to let you guys know no matter what brp does the fuel pump will always fill with oil-1st of all its mounted lower than the engine,DOH!!
2nd with an sdi motor and no fuel in the mixture in the case the oil stays very thick and can not drain back out of the line as easily as an engine with a fuel/oil mixture can,which is why other sleds dont go through this
3rd-the crank case is not only pulsing a suction wave,its also pulsing a pressure wave which actually pushes the oil into the line
ive tried different pumps{higher volume} different locations for the pump[above engine] and it all just delays the actual problem
so you ask how did i solve it huh?
a stinkin old 20$ in line electric fuel pump-works wonderfull
just ran my tank down to e on last ride and added 10 gallons!!
this is the only real fix guys

·
Registered
149 Posts
baD-MAX said:
dynarex, where do you put the pump? Use the same pickup line? And just pump fuel to the diaphram pump? Or pump fuel to electric main pump in the tube in the tank?
[snapback]332140[/snapback]​
mounted elect pump above engine and wired to outlet wires
get rid of the pulse pump assy
used the same suction line ran to elect pump then elect pump pumps to fuel pump in tank
other than pulling the old pump out its very easy to do

·
Registered
111 Posts
dynarex said:
baD-MAX said:
dynarex, where do you put the pump? Use the same pickup line? And just pump fuel to the diaphram pump? Or pump fuel to electric main pump in the tube in the tank?
[snapback]332140[/snapback]​
mounted elect pump above engine and wired to outlet wires
get rid of the pulse pump assy
used the same suction line ran to elect pump then elect pump pumps to fuel pump in tank
other than pulling the old pump out its very easy to do
[snapback]332298[/snapback]​
Thank You. ....MAX

·
Registered
42 Posts
Banzai

Thanks for the site, unfortunately they do not ship to Canada. I cannot find this pump here and that is exactly what the doctor has ordered.
Anybody coming to Revy in the next little while, that wouldn't mind bringing 1 up for me?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
FINALLY got the big pig back from dealer with all the up dates done, and there was definitely a lose of rpms ( I noticed a big jump in power and rpms after about 3 more hours of riding, sure seemed like a "new break in period" to me). March 2 and I can start to dial in the suspension!!! I lost almost an ENTIRE season I was able to burn 9 whole gallons without motor running out of gas!!! TO bad it was at 6 mpg. the bog is still there if you ride mild in the 5000 rpm range. Didn't happen today as there was new snow of 10in and I broke trail for half of a 90 mile ride that spent most of the day in the 7000 plus rpm range. Distroyed first belt while climbing at 850 miles. I have my clutch set at number 5, and getting right at 8000 rpm after the update break in period. 25 miles from trailer and had first major wipeout, windshield pops right off, and right back on, THANK GOD I carry an extra (tether cord, as the one that was on it was lost and not to be found until summer, ( I set a way point on my gps so I can come back and find it when the sonw melts and pick up the rest of the tail light). Other than that it started right up and nothing else seemed wrong except for the benr rear bumper.

What settings are you other rt 1000 owners for the suspension? I had let out the limiter strap all the way, only to have to turn it back in a good half in.

I"m 240lbs and ride hard and still getting a lot of bottoming with the mid shock set almost all the way up, and the rear on 4 the highest setting.

·
Registered
28 Posts
baD-MAX said:
Fuel pickup problem is still not solved. My sled still does it after the updates. BRP needs to address this problem again.
[snapback]330339[/snapback]​
I thought i had all the updates to but i just had mine out out to cooke, and still the same prob.. i get down to about a 1/4 tank of gas and your climbing is done cauce you dont want the thing to crap out, when your vertical.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.