Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
check this out. anybody let me know how this effects the ride. i am trying to get ny mach better in the big moguals.

suspension remount

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ttt

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Yes that works, but how much weight transfer doo you want on these mach's? If yours is anything like mine, I'm trying to take a little transfer out. A wheelie is cool lookin', but it won't win ya any races.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i dont have enough. in the snow the skis dont even come off the ground. im just trying to get some of the weight of the front end then hopfully beable to adjust it with the coupler blocks. also looking to make it better in the reall rough stuff.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i was thinking if i did this to my suspension then fully couple the suspension and run a stiffer torrsion spring i would be in the park for rough trails, then when i wanted to drag race drop the couple blocks 2 turns. do you think this would work?

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so your saying that wont work with the sc 4. i checked my sled and it has the same plates with the holes you can drill out. i need to get more weight of the front end. it just doesnt seem like this sled transfers weight good. im not looking for 2 or 3 foot wheelies. i want it so when i fully couple the suspension the sled will had the rough stuff but when i uncouple it i can have some fun and get the front end up. right now fully uncoupled on hard packed i can only lift the skis a couple of inches. the track just spins and im running 144 1.325 mega bites. when i start to couple the suspension it just make the front end heavier and more track spin.

·
Registered
215 Posts
saint1000 said:
so your saying that wont work with the sc 4. i checked my sled and it has the same plates with the holes you can drill out. i need to get more weight of the front end. it just doesnt seem like this sled transfers weight good. im not looking for 2 or 3 foot wheelies. i want it so when i fully couple the suspension the sled will had the rough stuff but when i uncouple it i can have some fun and get the front end up. right now fully uncoupled on hard packed i can only lift the skis a couple of inches. the track just spins and im running 144 1.325 mega bites. when i start to couple the suspension it just make the front end heavier and more track spin.
[snapback]693540[/snapback]​
This is differant than our suspension hole location!!Do not drill the new hole that is in the bracket under the tunnel!!..This is wrong! I did it and the front shock is know hitting the rear shock,Badly..The hole in the picture is from a REV RENEGADE not a R/T platform and if you look closly to where the hole is located in the picture,Than have a look at the hole on the inside of our tunnels,you will see the hole is further to the back of the sled and further down.By bring the hole closer to the rear of the sled it binds up the two shocks in the suspension!
It rode really good this way but I went to put my new Piggyback shock in the rear of the sled and the old shock eye is wearing on the front shock spring.This hole positioning is not a good Idea for the 05s,the 06s have differant front arms and it may work,but for now it dont work on my 05.
but it rode so good that way,ohwell,geuss were gona have to try something else.
Im done.

Attachments

·
Registered
522 Posts
saint1000 said:
check this out. anybody let me know how this effects the ride. i am trying to get ny mach better in the big moguals.

suspension remount
[snapback]691684[/snapback]​
I dont know about the Mach but I did that front arm relocate to my 05 Gade and it did improve weight transfer but I felt that the ride was NOT as good..... but as other guys have said the Mach has SC4 the Gade SC3.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i wonder if i drilled a hole directly under the one that was in there if that would work?

·
Registered
522 Posts
What track you got Saint 1in or 1.25in . I have 1.25 Ripsaw with 144 Megabites and she hooks awsome. As far as getting it to ride real good in large moguls you might be fighting a losing battle without going to X shocks

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i have cudneys x shocks and i am running the the stock 1". i have plans to get a ripsaw but i want to make sure i can get this to ride right first. i am also consideri taking the front arm out and make one that is an inch an a half longerng

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
my other problem is we have no snow here. i have to travel 3 hrs away to ride. so i make an adjustment go ride see if i like it come home make some more adjustments and wait untill i go ride again. mabee all i need to do is crank up the front skid shock more. but its to hard to do it on the trail and none of my buddys want to sit there while i try to dial in my ride.

·
Registered
215 Posts
saint1000 said:
i have cudneys x shocks and i am running the the stock 1". i have plans to get a ripsaw but i want to make sure i can get this to ride right first. i am also consideri taking the front arm out and make one that is an inch an a half longerng
[snapback]694023[/snapback]​
I am going to try this tonite you guys and I will let you know if it works!! I am going to drill the hole between the two holes that are all ready there on the inside.I drilled the lower hole that was in the R/T suspension and that hole puts the suspension to far back,so if i drill the hole between the two that are there all ready maybe the to suspension shocks wont colide together like mine was doing.
I found with the hole that was there that the rear of the suspension would never touch the ground.The tail of the skid even with me bouncing on the back end the rear wheels would never contact the ground.
But the drilling a hole 1 inch under the stock hole proble would work if there was a reinforcment plate there,which there is no plate there to drill through,this would be a week point.Give me a few hours tonite and I will let you know where the best place to drill the hole.JOE

·
Registered
41 Posts
saint1000 said:
my other problem is we have no snow here. i have to travel 3 hrs away to ride. so i make an adjustment go ride see if i like it come home make some more adjustments and wait untill i go ride again. mabee all i need to do is crank up the front skid shock more. but its to hard to do it on the trail and none of my buddys want to sit there while i try to dial in my ride.
[snapback]694037[/snapback]​
That sucks. Me and all the guys I ride with will always do whatever it takes to make things better. Making adjustments and settings trailside is as much a part of riding as pinchin the throttle. How else is someone going to get the best of their sled? Maybe you need to ride with someone else. I'd hate to be with that crew if I broke down. *%@?

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
joewin said:
saint1000 said:
I am going to try this tonite you guys and I will let you know if it works!! I am going to drill the hole between the two holes that are all ready there on the inside.I drilled the lower hole that was in the R/T suspension and that hole puts the suspension to far back,so if i drill the hole between the two that are there all ready maybe the to suspension shocks wont colide together like mine was doing.
I found with the hole that was there that the rear of the suspension would never touch the ground.The tail of the skid even with me bouncing on the back end the rear wheels would never contact the ground.
But the drilling a hole 1 inch under the stock hole proble would work if there was a reinforcment plate there,which there is no plate there to drill through,this would be a week point.Give me a few hours tonite and I will let you know where the best place to drill the hole.JOE
[snapback]694046[/snapback]​
how did you make out?

·
Registered
341 Posts
saint1000 said:
joewin said:
saint1000 said:
[snapback]694046[/snapback]​
how did you make out?
[snapback]695902[/snapback]​
if you rotate the rear cupller bolcks you will get the same effect

·
Registered
215 Posts
how did you make out?
[snapback]695902[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I Drilled a hole between the exsisting holes and that worked out well.It gave me track adjustment were last time in the old hole I drilled ,there was no adjustment,it was pretty tight on its loosest adjustment.It rides great,it takes alot of weight off the front end.There was way to much weight on the front end.It still has lots of steering ability,front end floats again and the two shocks in the suspention are not rubbing this time.I could take some pics of where I drilled and post them if anyones interested.
Oh another big plus, when puting the suspension in this new location,You dont have to grind the rear rails in this new hole!! I definitly recomend trying this if you are tired of the sled hammering down the trails.I am wondering which suspension part they changed in the 06 sleds?
They changed the angle or shock positioning in the front of the rear suspension,and i will check on monday with my dealer which part it is.I am hopeing it is the alunimum L shaped angle that both rear shocks atach to,if this is changed, i will see if are 05s can be updated to this peice, It would help are 05s ride better.
I think you will be impressed with this mod,if you like trying new things....Joe
PS...That 06 Xshock I put in the rear suspension helps absorb the dampening of the rear end bouncing.
Again I like experimenting on my sled to make it ride better,So if something goes wrong,MY BAD.
I dont want people to try this then I get the blame for a problem that ocured with this mod.
This new location allows clearance between the two rear suspension shock and NO GRINDING of the skid rails.
Joe.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
how far down did you drill from the original hole. did you go right under the original?

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
saint1000 said:
how far down did you drill from the original hole. did you go right under the original?
[snapback]698147[/snapback]​
TTT

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.