Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if I could get some help. My blizzard is extremely hard to start. seems like we are constantly flooding it. we always have to take the plugs out dry them off clear out the spark plug chambers by pulling the pull start without the plugs in it. When we put the dry plugs back in, we have to have one guy work the throttle and choke while the other guys pull starts it. this process is usually repeated 3 or 4 times before it starts and stays running.

I had a friend over and he said there is no way i should be primin the sled more than 3 times.... his only solution was that I should get the carbs cleaned out.

Does anyone else have any other solutions or it cleaning the carbs a good place to start.

by the way I do have spark and WOW a strong fuel smell !!!!

When we do get it going it runs great. I can ride, stop for a bit and start it up again no problem !!!

Thank you all for your time and help

·
Registered
674 Posts
I have the exact same problem with my blizzard and when i bought my mach 1 I asked the guy i bought it from if he knew what the problem was. He said that it could either be the needles and seats in the carbs or the carb could just need a cleaning. If it is the needles and seats gas is slowly leaking into the engine while it sits so it is flooded before you even try to start it. An easy fix is to put a gas shutoff valve in and when you are done riding let it run a bit to get some of the gas out so that it won't flood while it sits. Any body correct me if I am wrong. hope this will help. But you should probably get the carbs cleaned also.

·
Registered
756 Posts
i have the same problem with my blizzard. i prime once or twice and it fires, then after a few seconds it will bog. i give it another shot on the primer and that keeps it going for another 10 seconds or so. i have to do that a couple times, then it is fine. my carbs are spotless. i don't know what is causing it.

you really shouldn't need more than 3 primes, any more and it usually floods. i assume you meant the primer when you said choke? it would be a good idea to clean the carbs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.