Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to snowmobiling this year and have fallen in love with it....However I purchased a 1996 Ski Doo Formula III 600 just to make sure I enjoyed the sport befor purchasing a new sled.. It only has 1800 miles on it. Here is my problem..

When cold I have to pull the plugs and spray starting fluid in the cylinders to get it to fire? When warm it starts fine? If it idels for more than a couple min it then fouls a plug, or all plugs? Any advice??? Please help... Mike

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
formulaIIItrip said:
I am new to snowmobiling this year and have fallen in love with it....However I purchased a 1996 Ski Doo Formula III 600 just to make sure I enjoyed the sport befor purchasing a new sled.. It only has 1800 miles on it. Here is my problem..

When cold I have to pull the plugs and spray starting fluid in the cylinders to get it to fire? When warm it starts fine? If it idels for more than a couple min it then fouls a plug, or all plugs? Any advice??? Please help... Mike
[snapback]316793[/snapback]​
Looks like Your choke cable is not working,thats why you have to use spray,or if the choke cable is ok ,then remove the carbs and clean to get it idling.Verify also your compression ,should have at least 125 lbs.

·
The 02 REVOLUTION
3,892 Posts
If it has a primer it may need to be replaced.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts