Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, this past Saturday was the last race of the season in the Quebec TSR drag race championship (4 races in total with points at every race event to determine the winner for the season). I am happy to reports that 3 turbocharged Skidoo XR's rigged with MoTeC's and tuned by Precision Sports made it to the final starting grid in the Promax class, eliminating all other competitors in the qualifying runs earlier during the day. I could not have asked for a better outcome for the final as the 3 sleds ran flawlessly during the day and throughout the season. This secured 1st place overall for the 2014 championship in the Outlaw and Promax classes where competition was fierce during the whole season.

Winning a multi-event championship requires a competitive sled but above all, requires a perfect balance between power, consistency, reliability and repeatability. This is what the Skidoo racers achieved with great success this year. I say thumbs up to those who won and thanks them for allowing me to play an humble role in their victory during this 2014 championship.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Pat..... what's up.... enjoying the sun down South and still hooked up on DooTalk....? At least I hope you are hiding from your wife while reading sled stuff while under the sun....lol

Actually, I have found our competition got much more serious lately and we are no longer at a point where we can feel relax and too confident. There are some serious racers out there and I have been very impressed at how some Cat's were doing against us. We won for sure, but our competitors have narrowed the gap significantly......... that's the nature of racing I guess and this is what will fuel our R&D efforts for next year.

BTW... your good buddy P-Y did an outstanding job at winning 1st position Trailmax on his MoTeC turbo Doo. Very impressed as it was his 2nd race ever. I could see the motocross racing heritage that you guys have.... outrageously focused and absence of fear.

·
boost junkie
10,690 Posts
Impressive showing

·
Registered
490 Posts
Hahaha I always have couple of minutes when my wife is doing is hair and make up . I would like to thanks Martin at precision sports for is professional work and attention to every details this gave me a perfect season of 3500 km without any hic ups like a stocker but with a crazy powerfull engine that will last . A Big Thanks to Precision Sports

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This one is funny as hell.... The tune strategy was to give an extra burst of power 2/3 into the race on this MoTeC 1200 Doo which won 1st in Trailmax later in the day..... Ouppsss... I went a little too far as the driver told me after the race. I had a good laugh..... watch the skis lift suddenly at the end of the race....Lol...

·
boost junkie
10,690 Posts
so how much boost did it get?
that was a hell of a ride

1 - 13 of 13 Posts