Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter's 1995 Touring E's handwarmers do not work. The thumb warmer does, but not the handwarmers. The grips look "factory", since on the end of the grips it says "bombardier".

Where is a good place to look with helps with tracking down why they don't work? I do have a test light, an ohm's meter, and, I am getting power up to the "toggle" switch (the off, low, and high) switch. But from there, where do I proceed next?

Thanks a lot.

vmax84

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
If you have power to the switch, follow the wires from the switch (make sure you have power out) to the grips. If you have power coming out of the switch, and the wires aren't cut or broken from the switch to the grip, you can do 1 of two things:

1. attempt to use the test light to see if there's power going to the grip

2. Save time and just a assume the grip is bad. Get new grips ($40-60 bucks for hotgrips, depending on model).

·
Registered
9,148 Posts
before assuming the grips are bad try to find the connector that goes to the hand warmer wiring. There are two "resistor legs" to the circuit. One would be the high switch setting, were the resistance through the warmer would be low. The the low switch setting is where the resistance will be high. The other grip works the same. You'll need your Ohm meter here. No power on circuit.

Search google, I find alot of stuff like this through searching.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do have power going to the grips. I forget (at work now), but I should have power "coming and going" out of the grip, right, by using my test light. In other words, my test light should "light up" in and out of the grip wire, right?

Thanks.

vmax84

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Power in and out...YES When you test "out" and your test light, lights, follow that side ground and make sure you have a good ground connection,it might be near the toggle switch.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm thinking I need a new "Hi-low" switch. Any idea where to get one? Thanks.

vmax84

1 - 7 of 7 Posts