Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I am thinking about getting a rox ajustable riser for my 06 gsx 550. I would like to get the 2.3"- 4" SS Height Adjustable Risers, my question is that can I use my stock handlebar or do I have to go to a strait handlebar? And if I go to the strait handlebar can i reinstall my old heated grips or do I have to get new ones? And I'm assuming I will have to get cable extensions? I'm new to all this so any advice is appreciated...Thanks!!

·
Sorry for Partyin'
599 Posts
Hi all, I am thinking about getting a rox ajustable riser for my 06 gsx 550. I would like to get the 2.3"- 4" SS Height Adjustable Risers, my question is that can I use my stock handlebar or do I have to go to a strait handlebar? And if I go to the strait handlebar can i reinstall my old heated grips or do I have to get new ones? And I'm assuming I will have to get cable extensions? I'm new to all this so any advice is appreciated...Thanks!!
You should be able to use your stock bars, and you should not need to put brake and throttle extensions on. Mount the bars on your new riser and check. If you have enough to turn bars alll the way ur good. If they get tight at all then you will need extensions. You shouldn't need them with 4" max though. Have you tried one of these Rox adjustables before? I know there are some guys on here that have them and like them, but I personally do not think they are very sturdy. Depends on what type of riding you do as well I guess. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
8,792 Posts
You can use your existing handle bars and you will not need to get longer cables. You can go to a 6" riser without longer cables Some have gone as high as 8" on some models and only had to reroute the cables a little

1 - 3 of 3 Posts