Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1999 MXZ 600. It currently has the stock handle bars.
I want to raise them with a typical riser block like PowerMadd.
Does anyone know how high you can go before having to extend
any cables? I want a 3-4" rise.

Thanks,
Paul
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45,510 Posts
I put a 3" on my '01 Summit, and it was a stretch, had to move some wires and cut some ties, and I think I am going to end up cutting about a half inch off of it to be safe, go with a 2" or you may have a problem, best thing to do is take your bars off and stick a 3" piece of wood in there to see if it will work! Hope this helps!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
194 Posts
tughillterror said:
You can go a good 7 inches. This is my 6" riser with stock cables on an S-Chassis.

[snapback]688495[/snapback]​
you have an s-chasis he has a zx you wont get 7 inches on a zx. I got 3 1/4 with my 2001 600 and my brake line is to the max.
 

·
lay the smack down
Joined
·
2,961 Posts
yellow_mxz600 said:
tughillterror said:
You can go a good 7 inches. This is my 6" riser with stock cables on an S-Chassis.

[snapback]688495[/snapback]​
you have an s-chasis he has a zx you wont get 7 inches on a zx. I got 3 1/4 with my 2001 600 and my brake line is to the max.
[snapback]688559[/snapback]​
ahem.... not to be rude... cant beleive what i am hearing..(chuck would know better). betcha been told your different too!
only some of us really are!


i got a zx and had pivot adaptor with 6 inch riser on it... soo 7 1/4... all stock baby!

undo your bars and pull up, then cut some zip-ties and reroute cables... (yes in that order) to see what the potential is for your sled..

just my $0.12
good luck
love
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
mr_heritage said:
yellow_mxz600 said:
tughillterror said:
You can go a good 7 inches. This is my 6" riser with stock cables on an S-Chassis.

[snapback]688495[/snapback]​
you have an s-chasis he has a zx you wont get 7 inches on a zx. I got 3 1/4 with my 2001 600 and my brake line is to the max.
[snapback]688559[/snapback]​
ahem.... not to be rude... cant beleive what i am hearing..(chuck would know better). betcha been told your different too!
only some of us really are!


i got a zx and had pivot adaptor with 6 inch riser on it... soo 7 1/4... all stock baby!

undo your bars and pull up, then cut some zip-ties and reroute cables... (yes in that order) to see what the potential is for your sled..

just my $0.12
good luck
love
[snapback]688576[/snapback]​
thats exactly what i did with mine. and i got 6 3/4 inches on my 02 zx so i agree with mr_heritage
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
194 Posts
haha i knew id get flamed for that one! I just dont see how my brakeline could go any higher unless i unhooked it and let it hang loosely between the brake lever and the brake. The 02's must be different, but for all I know I am probably way wrong. Guess I shoulda listened to chuck....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45,510 Posts
yellow_mxz600 said:
haha i knew id get flamed for that one! I just dont see how my brakeline could go any higher unless i unhooked it and let it hang loosely between the brake lever and the brake. The 02's must be different, but for all I know I am probably way wrong. Guess I shoulda listened to chuck....
[snapback]688956[/snapback]​
I don't think you are wrong at all. That is exactly how mine is...I am afraid of my brake line being too tight actually...but since lack of snow I haven't ridden it to check it out! The 02's must be different!
 

·
RIP Old 600
Joined
·
2,646 Posts
mxznewfie said:
mr_heritage said:
yellow_mxz600 said:
tughillterror said:
You can go a good 7 inches. This is my 6" riser with stock cables on an S-Chassis.

[snapback]688495[/snapback]​
you have an s-chasis he has a zx you wont get 7 inches on a zx. I got 3 1/4 with my 2001 600 and my brake line is to the max.
[snapback]688559[/snapback]​
ahem.... not to be rude... cant beleive what i am hearing..(chuck would know better). betcha been told your different too!
only some of us really are!


i got a zx and had pivot adaptor with 6 inch riser on it... soo 7 1/4... all stock baby!

undo your bars and pull up, then cut some zip-ties and reroute cables... (yes in that order) to see what the potential is for your sled..

just my $0.12
good luck
love
[snapback]688576[/snapback]​
thats exactly what i did with mine. and i got 6 3/4 inches on my 02 zx so i agree with mr_heritage
[snapback]688694[/snapback]​
thats what i did, i could only get an 2 inches, but the brakeline was really tight so i said f it. decided i didnt want to spend about 100 bucks for raisin my bars 2". oh well. i tried to re-route everything too!!

Andrew
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well guys, I finally install a 3" riser on my 1999 MXZ-600 last night.
3" is definitly the max height you can go on this model. I cut a few ties rerouted a couple of wires and rerouted the choke cable, and it's perfect. I was going to go with a 4" but it just wasn't possible without extending cables.

A little heads up for anyone who is going to do this on the same model. When you raise the handle bars the oil injection cable pulls a little on the choke cable. It barely moves the position of the choke cable but enough to cause it to idle lower and miss a little on light acceleration. I couldn't believe that because the choke cable moved maybe 1/2" it cause this running issue. I rerouted the choke cable so it was on the outside of the oil injection cable and in the same position as before I touched anything. I started up the sled it was running like it should. Just to check, as it was idling I pushed the choke cable apx 1/2" in with my finger and sure enough the idle dropped... Go figure!

Thanks,
Paul

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
Actually I have a 4" riser block on my 99 600 and I didn't have any problems or have to cut any ties or any of that stuff. I just put the new one on pulled on the lines a bit and it was on there. No problems and 3000 kms of riding.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top