Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking to put hand guards on my 16 blizzard. will the doo, rox flex tec or any others work without going to a low windshield or taller riser which I don't want to do. dealer doesn't seem to know and they don't have any on hand to find out.....

·
Registered
87 Posts
IMG_2743 (Medium).JPG IMG_2742 (Medium).JPG

Just got done installing them on my new 800 this Saturday. Stock mid height shield with the taller riser. Not sure if it will work with the stock riser however.

FYI I bought the riser that is 2" taller than stock. A little tweaking just to keep them from hitting. Not sure I needed them as the stock shield and sides look like

more than enough protection but I really wanted the LED lights! Hard to see the hand guards with all the light from the front.

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
Just noticed you didn't want the taller riser. The guys at Rob's said they fit with the stock riser just need to pull the bars back a bit.

·
Registered
570 Posts
FYI, the blizzards riser is 1" shorter than the X, it will still probably work but you will need to tilt the handle bars back pretty far!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the input fellas! I'm gonna order a set and try with the stock set up. worse case I have a couple taller risers laying around I can throw one one if I need to.

I didn't figure I'd need the hand guards either, but when riding in the below zero temps we've had my hands did get a bit cold even with heavy gore-tex gloves.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
The way the medium windshield is designed on a standard riser sled the handguards do nothing other than improve the looks. I have ridden mine back to back ride to ride, day to day. They don't add any more or less protection the way the air moves around that windshield design. On my wife's 900 gade we have gone back and forth all season down to riding it well below zero last week. Zero difference in my opinion if you are looking for more warmth.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts