Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone put/use the pivoting mirrors on their lighted handguards? Used the ole wrist mirror with mixed results. Can understand the safety aspect but don't want to put holes in my nice handguards!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
I might be dumb, but I’m not stupid!
1,296 Posts
Have them on mine, they basically let you see if a headlight is still behind you for piece of mind when riding with someone. They are really to small to tell with any certainty who exactly is behind you. At idle the vibration makes it impossible to see anything unless you put your hand on the guard to steady it. They take a minute to find the sweet spot for adjustment as they are so small, you will need to take some time with this. I used to ride with the hand mirror and liked it but found my hand would get colder more often. I didn't want the big gaudy ones so these are a compromise. They work OK, they install pretty quickly and are moderately functional. There are better options for sure, but depends on what you are expecting from your mirrors

·
Registered
653 Posts
Have them on mine, they basically let you see if a headlight is still behind you for piece of mind when riding with someone. They are really to small to tell with any certainty who exactly is behind you. At idle the vibration makes it impossible to see anything unless you put your hand on the guard to steady it. They take a minute to find the sweet spot for adjustment as they are so small, you will need to take some time with this. I used to ride with the hand mirror and liked it but found my hand would get colder more often. I didn't want the big gaudy ones so these are a compromise. They work OK, they install pretty quickly and are moderately functional. There are better options for sure, but depends on what you are expecting from your mirrors
What would a better option be? Looking to get something but also not a big fan of the big permanent ones.

·
I might be dumb, but I’m not stupid!
1,296 Posts
What would a better option be? Looking to get something but also not a big fan of the big permanent ones.
Thats what I'm saying, it's either the big permanent ones which work really well but are gaudy, or the hand guard ones that look better but are less effective. I chose less ugly, less effective

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Intertesring idea, I have lighted hand gaurds and the mirrors just shine the light back at me at night, I traded windsheilds with a freind that wanted mirrors, I was looking for a atterantive solution, I have a pair of hand gaurd mirrors , never stayed adjusted in the same place on the handguards. going to give this a try

1 - 9 of 9 Posts