Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my left side hand warmer is not working. how can i figure out what the problem is. the right side works fine. 04 600 sled

·
Registered
566 Posts
Get a cheap volt/ohm meter. Check the resistance of the handgrip heating element. Should be something like in the 5-25 ohms for each of the two elements (high/low). If it's okay, check for voltage going to the handgrip when the sled is running and the grip heater is on. It should be 12V DC. That simple test will tell you the answer.

To do this you need to know what pins to look at. The info is in the wiring schematic which is in the service manual.

Jon
'03 Rev 600 Sport

·
Registered
360 Posts
i have the same problem on my 05 mxx x right works left doesnt

are these just a replace and what gets replaced? the grip the unit ?

clueless

·
Registered
333 Posts
First make sure all the wires in the black plastic blocks at the handlebars are still pushed in the connectors all the way.I have seen them work there way out if you have ever been playing with the connectors at all.The other problem that i have come across is that right from the factory they get the two orange wires mixed up in the connector and high becomes low and low becomes high on one side(usually left side wrong).Flick your switch to low and see if you left grip heats up.If so reverse the orange wires in the block.Not uncommon.

·
Registered
333 Posts
If you have checked all other avenues then yes you will have to replace the grip.Like i said before make sure high and low are not reversed and also take a test light and probe the two orange wires from both sides of the connector.You can probe them on the back side of the connector and make sure you have power at both sides of the block.One set of orange wires will produce power on both sides of the connector if making proper connection on low and the other two orange wires will show power on high(you have to move the rocker switch to each setting to get power).Even though there is only power running through one side at a time(high or low setting) if either side of the block is not making contact on there apropriate setting then the grip will not work at all not matter wether on high or low.The circuit has to be completed for the grip to work.

·
Registered
21 Posts
If you have checked all other avenues then yes you will have to replace the grip.Like i said before make sure high and low are not reversed and also take a test light and probe the two orange wires from both sides of the connector.You can probe them on the back side of the connector and make sure you have power at both sides of the block.One set of orange wires will produce power on both sides of the connector if making proper connection on low and the other two orange wires will show power on high(you have to move the rocker switch to each setting to get power).Even though there is only power running through one side at a time(high or low setting) if either side of the block is not making contact on there apropriate setting then the grip will not work at all not matter wether on high or low.The circuit has to be completed for the grip to work.
I assume that the wire color of the wire for the grip heater is pink on the right . Could someone publish the colors so I can know for sure. Im trying to check mine as we speak.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Now I see said the blind man. there is a black wire next to the two pink wires
. For some reason I was thinking that there were just two wires not the normal three. So the answer for everyone is to check between the black wire and one of the pink wires at a time ( one high and one for low heat)

I called the dealer about grios and they were about $38 each so I headed down to the local bike shop and got a set of after market heaters ($25/pair ) and grips for ($8)

$66 vs $114 I figure that it worked on my older sleds and I can have cool blue grips.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts