Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How well do the hand warmers work on Your REV's? The reason I ask is on My 2000 MXZ they dont and never have.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I have an 03 600 HO that I bought used. I had to replace the left handwarmer as it didn't work. I filled my handlebars with foam, but the left now seems to be much warmer than the right. I am wondering whether to just replace that one too.

Anybody else have a problem with their hands getting cramped up from riding? I have tendonitis in my left thumb, can't bend it and will get an operation after snowmobile season (which hasn't started yet here).

·
Registered
547 Posts
on my 03 rev, a few weeks ago I was riding and the left handwarmer died out on me. After stopping to eat dinner, the ride back home it worked. The next day I was riding and something burned my hand, the warmer burned through the grip and through my glove... There was just a bright glowing red spot in the middle of the grip.

·
E-Tec Rules
33,568 Posts

WORKS GREAT!

DAREDOG

·
Registered
171 Posts
05800X, handwarmers usually work well. It seems they are really warm one side for a while and then they are really warm on the other. Not really warm on both at the same time. Can anyone help me on this?

·
Registered
513 Posts
A tip from a friend, I pulled my J-hooks off and sprayed some "Stuff in a Can" into my bars. The added insulation allow the hand warmers to work much better.

REVBob

·
Registered
318 Posts
What bugs me about mine is the inconsistency. And even when they do work, they're pretty weak. No reason these things shouldn't burn your hands, any time, all of the time.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Fill the bars with Great Stuff expanding foam insulation.

Not only will the handwarmers work better, but the vibration in the bars is greatly reduced.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I filled the bars with foam. I am just wondering if there was a design change after the 03 model year. My left grip had a hole burned in it and didn't work, so I replaced it this summer with a new one. Sure seems to work better than the original one on the right.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Rocket Ray said:
I have an 03 600 HO that I bought used. I had to replace the left handwarmer as it didn't work. I filled my handlebars with foam, but the left now seems to be much warmer than the right. I am wondering whether to just replace that one too.

Anybody else have a problem with their hands getting cramped up from riding? I have tendonitis in my left thumb, can't bend it and will get an operation after snowmobile season (which hasn't started yet here).
[snapback]268295[/snapback]​
where did u get your hand warmers from? I don't have any warmers on my sled and my hands r freazing and my dealer just sells some sh&%ty atv ones, i also but them off right before the plugin connecter under the dash is, does anybody have any f.s or know where to get the stock ones?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts