Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Samsquamch
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put a set of used bars on my sled, excellent condition, everything works as it should.

BUT....

When the grips get hot they want to slide right off!!

What is the quick cure for this??

(without having to tear everything apart again??)

·
That's probably sarcasm.
2016 1200 Renegade X
20,957 Posts
I just put a set of used bars on my sled, excellent condition, everything works as it should.
BUT....
Better glue.

Sent from the Island of Misfit Toys

·
Registered
223 Posts

BUT....

I've had same issue before . Buy a new set of grips, clean handlebars very good and spray either on handlebar and grip and install quickly and problems will be solved . One of my dealers tech's told me that's how they put all replacement grips on and it works . He said with handlebar heaters the glue will get hot and soften and off they come . Trim off a set off factory installed hand grips and you won't find any adhesive on them .

·
Registered
253 Posts
been awhile, but i used hairspray when putting grips on, cheap aquanet stuff

·
That's probably sarcasm.
2016 1200 Renegade X
20,957 Posts
been awhile, but i used hairspray when putting grips on, cheap aquanet stuff
I tried that in my motorcycle with no luck. You don't want loose grips on a motorcycle. Gorilla Glue, they don't move now. They are heated grips too.

Sent from the Island of Misfit Toys

·
Samsquamch
1,652 Posts
So it looks like I have no option but to take these grips off, clean everything and re-glue them. pain in the .... (I guess it could be worse!! Like the 08 and newer grips!! lol at least these are a simple one piece deal)

What do you guys use for grip glue with a stock hand grip? regular old "grip glue" that you would use on a dirt bike or is there some hi tech over priced super secret grip glue out there?

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
JB Weld was recommended in the instructions I got for my Hot Grips. Rated for the temp range the grips operate at I guess.
Kurt

1 - 9 of 9 Posts