Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 04 600ho SDI sounded cool with its JandT can on it before I had an update done to by a dealer. NOW it sounds stupid!!! Is this something to do with the update or is it the fact that I asked him to check out my rings so he did a compression test and then pulled the Y pipe off to visually inspect them? The exhaust sounds way different than it did for sure! Seems to me like there is more sound coming from the middle of the sled now (engine area). The dealer told me the internet is my best friend and my worst enemy, referring to the fact that I read about the bad ring problems and he claims it is hardly a problem at all and he has seen almost NO bad rings on the 04s. He wasnt even gonna look at my rings but only minutes after I left the dealership a SDI WITH bad rings came in. He claims mine look fine and my compression was/is 150 per side. Anyway, did he not seal up the exhaust good or something? I noticed also when I first started it after picking it up, there was alot of smoke coming up from the engine area too? When I greased the front zerks on my 7c REV I forgot to use any high temp silicone on my pipe (I didnt pull the Y pipe though) and my 7c sounds fine (the same).

·
Doo Pilot
1,895 Posts
Chk to make sure the dealer put the springs on the exhaust correctly!
look at the y-pipe area where the round gasket is look for leakage there.
Rich

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Sounds like your dealer doesn't give a crap about you or your sled. I'm sure he didn't take his time putting the exhaust back on and there is a leak somewhere. Now its your job to fix what he screwed up. Get a different dealer thats willing to look into your problems.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
still sounds F'd up?
when I first start it up smoke rises out from under the headlight area(when on sled) and when riding it, it used to sound awesome with the J and T can I put on it and now it sounds like metal in a tin blender. All 4 springs appear fine and in place from the pipe to the Y pipe. did he mess up the seal between the Y pipe and the engine or what?
Can I fix it somehow if so?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts