Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that the person before me took the shelf out of the airbox on my 99 mxz 600. I'm figuring that's why I am jetted up from stock 280's to 360's. Whats the reason for gutting the airbox? Should I go buy a new airbox with a shelf and replace it? Is it normal to jet up this high? I noticed also that he moved the needle from the 4th hole from the stock setting of the third hole. Are these normal settings and should I put it back to stock? I trail ride very aggresive and race in 1000' . Just want to know if theres a more performance one way or the other.

·
hater on all xrs and freeride owners that drive li
2,307 Posts
the previous owner gutted the air box to allow more air to pass through it less restriction = more air then to compensate for a higher air flow he jetted up so there was more fuel and he raised the needle for more fuel at mid range more fuel + more air = more power if the sled is running good i would not touch it but if you were to take every thing back to stock, change EVERYTHING air box, needle position, jets back to stock

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
kidinloghouse said:
the previous owner gutted the air box to allow more air to pass through it less restriction = more air then to compensate for a higher air flow he jetted up so there was more fuel and he raised the needle for more fuel at mid range more fuel + more air = more power if the sled is running good i would not touch it but if you were to take every thing back to stock, change EVERYTHING air box, needle position, jets back to stock
[snapback]721887[/snapback]​
Agree!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts