Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

Gun Owners? Target shooters? Hunters?

69K views 705 replies 107 participants last post by  Caper11 
#1 ·
I used to post in the "LOUNGE" but didn't see any reason to do so this year so I'm posting here in general discussion to see if any of my fellow DOOTALKERS were gun owners, target shooters or hunters ... hell even collectors if you wish? I personally own quite a few, I target shoot and I hunt with my rifles. Post a pic, tell a story, show some long range targets ... let's hear from ya fellow DOOTALKERS. Cheers,

Otokiak

Rankin Inlet, NU

CANADA

#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well I have multiple stories in the lounge, let's hope I get some new ones for this thread! I got a few I could tell from earlier this year, I'll tell I'm possibly tonight

But I for sure will tell the one that will educate everyone about what can happen when taking risky shots.

#4 ·
Are you guys in the US allowed to collect guns without any licenses?
I would love to have a really nice, old gun hangning on the wall but I am not allowed because I got to have a license and also an approved cabinet where the gun has to be stored.
God Bless America!

Laws vary from state to state but the trend has been moving in the favor of gun owners.

I collect, shoot, hunt, carry....

#6 ·
Have two 3 12-gauges. On 40 y/o single, A Mossberg I traded for a can a few years back, and a brand new Super-X 3 winchester pump. We love our birds here in Labrador(Duck, goose, Turr)!!!

Also have a soviet SKS 7.62x39. It's barely an Sks but it can be lol. Has an ATI collapsible stock, 130$ bipod(neat rig but can't think of the brand name and too tired to go look), 3-9 power nikon 40mm scope and wartak sd rail scope mount! It can hit dinner plates all day at 650 yards!! Pretty proud of this one.

I also have an old 22. that I bought three years ago when I lived in Ottawa forgot to go pick it up, and I never have the time to give them my cc info haha. I'm guessing it's still there because it's against the law to do anything with it.

And last but one of the most useful is my phantom Canadian tire 22. pellet gun. Can't hurt a squirrel 30ft away but can scare the garbage out of a crow pretty good!!

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
Been a poor season for me so far, I was tripping over bear last year but only saw 1 this year and he was too small to shoot ( I called him "roast") Been deer hunting hard and completely screwed up on a 6 point last week. I was just turning off the woods road onto the dead end I hunt and there he was 50 yds ahead. By the time I bailed out he was decent enough to stand broadside to me down the road 130 yds away.

I guess I got overconfident or buck fever set in but the first 2 shots missed and a 3rd as he bolted only killed a branch. No hair, blood or anything. My 2 misses were low and within 6" of each other and yes, the scope is on so It was all me. Never been prone to buck fever before and made a lot of difficult/fluke shots before but it had to happen sometime. Really shakes a fella's confidence.

Nice to see you here Otokiak, I'm also known as Cranky Pants over on CGN.

Edit- Here's a little story, I get home tonite and the wife is freaking out saying she knows what she wants for Christmas. I'm thinking what sort of junk is it now, but she wants a rifle! (savage axis in the pink camo) Now she has to go and take the firearms course and hunter course. Se sat in the stand with me on Sat so I guess that got her interested.

#8 ·
Hunter here, I don't collect, but I've been hunting since I was 12. Deer and Moose for Big game mostly, and love to get out for Partridge with the shotgun on the ATV.

Went moose hunting this year, but didn't end up getting one, was the first time in 6 yrs I went, the cost for Non-resident in Quebec has been increasing alot, and was hard to get away when my Son was younger. I didn't take any time for deer this year, but I might do some late season Crossbow hunting, if I can get access close to home.

I put together a video of my Moose hunt, Again no moose kill or moose on Video, just missed getting one on Cam, seen it but the Go pro was mounted too low on the bike.

G
#10 ·
new browning maxis last year 3.5" camo,
1952 Winchester 9400 30-30
308 Winchester model 7 bolt,
savage combination 20 gage/30-30
chech 222. 22-250 savage,
browning auto 5 2.3/4.
270 browning, 22 Remington nylon,
jc Higgins shot gun,
single shot cooey 22,
muzzle loader by Hartford arms

#12 ·
Had fun with the family this past summer sittin by the fire target practicing on cans with pellet and BB guns. Little competition among us all. For hunting and target i have a Remington 870 12 gage with slug barrel and scope, an Ithaca Featherweight 12 gage with bird barrel. Killed a lot of small game with that gun, a Winchester semi auto 22 my dad bought me when i was 12 yrs old, an AR 15 i bought just because, and recently got my CPL, but havent decided on what hand gun to get yet. Wife carries a S&W 45 service and a Ruger 380 on her ankle.

#13 ·
I have a few firearms, used mainly for exercising my constitutional freedom.

Remington 11-87 12 gauge
Smith & Wesson Model 60 with 3" barrel
S&W Model 49
Glock 19

Probably would have more but my wife doesn't like guns. In Michigan you need to obtain a permit to purchase a pistol unless you have a conceal carry license (which I have). Permits are easy to obtain. Pistols get registered with the State but rifles and shotguns don't.

#15 ·
I was late getting started in the hunting world, but I'm catching up. :biggrin_old:

My current collection includes;

Browning X Bolt 30-06 (daily hunting rifle)

Browning A Bolt .308

Remington 700 30-06

Remington Model 4 (Limited edition Model 7400) 30-06

Remington 783 .22

Remington 870 12 ga, rifled barrel

Franchie Intensity 12 ga

Mossburg Bolt 16 ga

LC Smith Double Barrelled Side Hammer - was my Great Great Gandfathers.

CVA Optima Muzzleloader .50cal

Traditions Muzzleloader .50cal

My oldest daughter bought her first rifle this year, a Mossburg M10 Hunter .243

#16 ·
I just have a Tikka T3 Stainless in 270, a Beretta AL390 Urika 12 and a Beretta S686 Essential 12.

#17 ·
have a few beretta pistols (.22, 9m, .40) for general shooting and concealing, a bunch of rifles as well, just used for hunting though. nothing too crazy or cool though, would like to get an ar style gun but havent wanted to fork out enough cash to do it yet with everything else i spend money on.

wont be hunting this year any more, mainly a bow hunter until it gets cold and snows. im a fair weather hunter for sure, dont really need to shoot one except to have some meat. I have a nice 9 pointer, 7 pointer and a 3 pointer so far with a bow so i have some nice mounts (9 point is neck up, the others just horns) and dont worry about shooting a big one any more.

steve

#18 ·
I had a bunch of guns but they tuck them all away to keep me from sticking one in my mouth after the accident , I get to shot my 22 target gun from when I was on the rifle team in high school sometimes now tho, and my partner from work killed him self in May with his desard eagle 50 cal .

#19 ·
Well that's not a bad pistol to use I guess. Never good when someone ends their life like that though. A friends dad committed last winter, family had to go through a lot.

#21 ·
that's nice
drool.gif
I want one .

I hunt, target shoot and wish I could carry. I have rifles from .22 up to 50bmg. This is my newest rifle I got today ... she's a 50bmg from PGW. :D

Otokiak

Rankin Inlet, NU

CANADA

PGW50BMG2014SHORTY_zpsaae3db64.jpg

#22 ·
Well that's not a bad pistol to use I guess. Never good when someone ends their life like that though. A friends dad committed last winter, family had to go through a lot.
Ya I miss Him .

#24 ·
No sir there is no such thing as open or concealed carry in Canada. We cannot possess full auto rifles either. Must have a PAL before purchasing any type of firearm. Must have lock ups for all firearms. More rules than you can shake a stick at sadly.

Otokiak

Rankin Inlet, NU

CANADA

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.