Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
681 - 700 of 706 Posts

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Any BLR users here?

On the fence on with going pistol grip or not. Anyone with straight and pistol grip experience?

·
Administrator - East Coast Tony
900T XRS
55,410 Posts
Anybody here own a 1950's J.C. Higgins model 10318 .22

I recently acquired one with a damaged front site and I'm looking for a picture of what it was supposed to look like originally,

TYIA

·
Administrator - East Coast Tony
900T XRS
55,410 Posts

·
doughnut boy
10,467 Posts
Anybody here own a 1950's J.C. Higgins model 10318 .22
I recently acquired one with a damaged front site and I'm looking for a picture of what it was supposed to look like originally,
TYIA
Tony. Check out gunbroker.com you might find one to look at on there or parts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
29,369 Posts
Hey...as my brother says, I'm not asking you to do something I haven't done myself.

I currently own (4) Browning X-Bolts and a couple Winchester XPRs - and a whole bunch of other stuff too.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Just surprised the wife with a brand new S&W 642 out of the Performance Center.
My wife has a S&W 642 which she got for CC and animal protection. It was a bit bulky for personal protection CC so she added a S&W M&P Shield. That seems to fit her CC need better. For animal protection she now loads it with 124gr hollow pt + P.

FWIW my S&W 629 is easier to shoot accurately than the 642. Slightly longer barrel makes it easier to control though it's not a CC gun but good in the wild.

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
My wife has a S&W 642 which she got for CC and animal protection. It was a bit bulky for personal protection CC so she added a S&W M&P Shield. That seems to fit her CC need better. For animal protection she now loads it with 124gr hollow pt + P.
FWIW my S&W 629 is easier to shoot accurately than the 642. Slightly longer barrel makes it easier to control though it's not a CC gun but good in the wild.
Im a sucker for S&W revolvers i really want a 686 in the future.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
844 Posts
My wife can't rack the slides of semi autos, that is why I got her the 642. I put a hogue grip on it and lightened the trigger pull by 3 lbs. so now she can shoot it accurately.

·
Registered
600 Posts
My wife can't rack the slides of semi autos, that is why I got her the 642. I put a hogue grip on it and lightened the trigger pull by 3 lbs. so now she can shoot it accurately.
My wife ran into the same thing, tough for her to rack. She tied a number of 9's and found the M&P easy enough, and light enough for her. Her aim is much better with the 9 but I'll bet a lighter trigger pull on the 357 would make her better with that. The kick she gets from the short barrel makes it hard to be accurate, and that's even with cowboy rounds, not even mags.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I picked up an AK and a Tavor last week and wanted something a little more fun to shoot at. I bought some CNC cut AR500 steel plates off Etsy and then welded up a stand for it all today. It comes apart with no tools for easy storage, I ended up buying some "receiver" tube that the 3/8 angle iron slides right into. I can't wait to try it at the range this week!

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
535 Posts
All painted up with my new Tavor as well.

6.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
535 Posts
Yea, but there are houses behind those targets. UGGGG ? :lol:
Hence the "I can't wait to try it at the range this week!" I can't shoot on my property unfortunately.

681 - 700 of 706 Posts