Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy new Years! Have a 2014 GSX SE 600 that has the adjustable tilt handle bars. When you release the lever that locks the bars in place, move the bars, and then lock the lever back to lock position the handle bars will not lock tight in that position. If you put a good amount of pressure on the bars they will move as in your are standing and lean into the bars or sitting and pull on the bars. Not a good thing to be riding and have your handle bars move. Anyone experienced this? Is there a remedy? Thanks

·
Registered
13,874 Posts
I have the same adjustable bars on my 13' GSX. On mine the lever is spring loaded, you don't lock the lever back in place after changing positions, the spring does that for you. Is it possible your spring fell out? If not that then the notches must be worn.

Reactions: Nooski

·
Supreme Snowmobiler
2,078 Posts
I have the same adjustable bars on my 13' GSX. On mine the lever is spring loaded, you don't lock the lever back in place after changing positions, the spring does that for you. Is it possible your spring fell out? If not that then the notches must be worn.
X2, Broken spring?

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Tic. The bars really don't jump back into place. I have to move them into position and move the lever back tight. You may be right and the spring fell out, broke, or maybe needs a new spring. Have to dig into it to see if there is some visible flaw. Sled only has 2,300 miles on it but things do go bad. Not pleasant to be going down the trail and bars move out of position. They don't move easily but can move. I even thought of regular bars on it with a regular riser like an MXZ X. Not sure if you can. Thanks again.

·
Supreme Snowmobiler
2,078 Posts
Thanks Tic. The bars really don't jump back into place. I have to move them into position and move the lever back tight. You may be right and the spring fell out, broke, or maybe needs a new spring. Have to dig into it to see if there is some visible flaw. Sled only has 2,300 miles on it but things do go bad. Not pleasant to be going down the trail and bars move out of position. They don't move easily but can move. I even thought of regular bars on it with a regular riser like an MXZ X. Not sure if you can. Thanks again.
You can use a regular riser in its place, let me know, I have 2 of them and I would sell one cheap.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Turned out to be the bolts that go in to the bottom of the aluminum riser were loose. Handle bar would rotate with pressure. Tightened the bolts and like new. A 10 mm wrench and 30 seconds. Wish all fixes were this easy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts