Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
getting ready for the races last weekend and one of the locals had bought a groomer to doo the lake because the club groomer can not go on the ice for insurance reasons. we should see her about may.

Attachments

·
Registered
522 Posts
EA SPORTS said:
getting ready for the races last weekend and one of the locals had bought a groomer to doo the lake because the club groomer can not go on the ice for insurance reasons. we should see her about may.
[snapback]712871[/snapback]​
Yikes..... everbody ok and where is that?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its at sutherlands lake in nova scotia canada. ice was 14 inches thick. they were grooming it last tuesday, maybe it was wednesday. i took the picture at the races the following saturday. one track went through the owner had enough time to shut it off and get out. all he could do was watch her go. at the races there was two trailers, tech hut, three full size trucks, over 100 sleds and about 300 people on the lake and no troubles. groomer must be some heavy.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
doorider i see what you mean. i don't know what that is all about. you can verify the race date on our local clubs website ( www.sltga.ca) and as for this happening when i said, you'll just have to take my word.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Had it happen on one of our lakes in NY a few years back with a trail groomer. It was pulled out within 24hrs with a chopper. Good Luck!

·
Registered
299 Posts
EA SPORTS said:
[snapback]712871[/snapback]​
Thats strange.....an insurance company that makes sense!?!?!?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Most clubs in northern Ont with trctor type groomers 21" to 23" of ice is mandatory before we can run groomer on ice crossings.Truckers and Bombies 18" of ice is a must and has to be monitored because current can thin ice from underneeth.I have helped get a few groomers out the ice and its not a fun job.

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
IDOO1000 said:
must have been one hell of a chopper to lift a 14000lb machine out of the mud.
[snapback]713745[/snapback]​
Ya it was. One of those choppers used in setting I-beams etc. for new buildings. Diver diconnected the drag, that came out first. Then the tractor. Chopper operator made it look easy. Cost a few dollars too for that service.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts