Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone install the grip n rip riser on a 2016 mxzx 800?how did you get your throttle cable out of the center of the old riser?and what did you do with the cable

·
Premium Member
8,429 Posts
Don't put the throttle cable back in the middle of the riser.

Leave it outside the riser. This will give you more 'movement' with the cable so things don't get bound up, especially if you are going to a taller riser.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
don't wanna hijack but i have an isovibe that i am ready to install on my xrs

is there any trick to taking the cable out of the block?

also, with the xrs i have i think a 5" riser... will i need longer cables?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was told there is a C clip that hold the cable in the lever ,will find out Wednesday the cable stay will route down through the middle of the riser & through the grip nrip mount,they sent me a picture,throttle cable stays out side the riser.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got the throttle cable out of riser,loosened level and estoppel button ,pulled c clip out of holder,pull cable out of slot,from in side of level take needle nose pilers pull barrel end out of plastic slot,pulled hood off to unplug both cables,cables get routed through center of riser and grip n rip block,

·
Looking for the Hot Tub...
7,044 Posts
Yes the C clip inside the throttle lever, when I popped mine out it went for a ride across the garage floor..make sure to have a good grasp on it with some needle nose (small ones), it was stubborn at first but flew quicker than I anticipated. I than just pop the two screw holding the flipper on out and then pull the flipper down and get the cable out, very simple. Found it was easier to remove flipper to get the cable out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts