Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
That's probably sarcasm.
2016 1200 Renegade X
20,988 Posts
Okay, I searched the crap out of this and every thread says to buy "Hot Grips". They seem to be out of business, and I can't find any on eBay.

Are the stock heaters part of the grip, or are they a heater on the bar with a grip over it? I looked at the Doo parts breakdown and all I can find is a part number for "grips" and they don't appear to have wires coming from them.

Anyhow, this is what I am thinking of doing.

RSI heaters: http://www.rsiracing.com/SKI-DOO-GRIP-HEATERS_p_93.html

with RSI wrap over top: http://www.rsiracing.com/GEL-GRIP-WRAP-GRIPS_p_25.html

Has anyone gone this route before? Any other suggestions? My left hand was pretty cold on the last ride.

·
Registered
13,545 Posts
On your stock grips the heater is part of the grip. I see nothing wrong with the parts you selected, you would want the three wire heaters in the standard length. Unless you wanted to add bar hooks, then you could use the extended length ones and put the heart over those, then wrap the whole thing.

·
That's probably sarcasm.
2016 1200 Renegade X
20,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Sealth, no need for hooks, just heat! :biggrin_old: :biggrin_old: :biggrin_old:

·
That's probably sarcasm.
2016 1200 Renegade X
20,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Them hooks have saved my bacon a couple times. Admittedly, I was riding like an idiot or with worn out gloves leading up to the incident though.
Also just an FYI for you, I put 200 km on the sled last Saturday, runs great, other then a gas issue that I need to dig into this weekend.

·
That's probably sarcasm.
2016 1200 Renegade X
20,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was lucky to snag an empty spot on a trailer. It was a good time, trails were decent considering the lack of snow.

·
That's probably sarcasm.
2016 1200 Renegade X
20,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay, anyone know where I can buy RSI heaters in Canada?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Royal Distributing. You can buy online. I have found all my experiences with them enjoyable.

I have the extended heaters and the grip tape on top.

I have also bought a whole new set and the SPI under grip insulator (cork) to make mine a little warmer on my aluminum bars.

·
That's probably sarcasm.
2016 1200 Renegade X
20,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't see the rsi ones at Royal, just a generic set. Not much info on them either, are they 3 wire?

·
Registered
645 Posts
Okay, I searched the crap out of this and every thread says to buy "Hot Grips". They seem to be out of business, and I can't find any on eBay.

Are the stock heaters part of the grip, or are they a heater on the bar with a grip over it? I looked at the Doo parts breakdown and all I can find is a part number for "grips" and they don't appear to have wires coming from them.

Anyhow, this is what I am thinking of doing.
RSI heaters: http://www.rsiracing.com/SKI-DOO-GRIP-HEATERS_p_93.html
with RSI wrap over top: http://www.rsiracing.com/GEL-GRIP-WRAP-GRIPS_p_25.html

Has anyone gone this route before? Any other suggestions? My left hand was pretty cold on the last ride.
I have. They work great

·
Registered
58 Posts
I don't see the rsi ones at Royal, just a generic set. Not much info on them either, are they 3 wire?
I have the set from Royal at home still in the package. I am positive they are RSI, but I can double check later tonight. They are 3 wire.

You could also call them and ask.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Any interest in heat demon clamp on grips? I have a set I would mail you for $15. I used them for a week and decided they were too bulky for my taste.

·
That's probably sarcasm.
2016 1200 Renegade X
20,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have the set from Royal at home still in the package. I am positive they are RSI, but I can double check later tonight. They are 3 wire.

You could also call them and ask.
Were they rsi?

·
That's probably sarcasm.
2016 1200 Renegade X
20,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Any interest in heat demon clamp on grips? I have a set I would mail you for $15. I used them for a week and decided they were too bulky for my taste.
I maybe, for my atv, is everything there?

·
That's probably sarcasm.
2016 1200 Renegade X
20,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I checked, they are RSI.
Ok, I think we are talking about different ones. I need standard length, I think you have the extended length?

59cca011538d3d123f6d4b392a3b556c.jpg

·
That's probably sarcasm.
2016 1200 Renegade X
20,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Called Royal, they can get them, but they are not in the catalog. Ordered. My hands will be happy.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I took the rocker switches from the heat demon kit to relocate my heater controls. Its 2 clamp on grips with 3 wires coming off them. (high,low,ground)

·
That's probably sarcasm.
2016 1200 Renegade X
20,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I took the rocker switches from the heat demon kit to relocate my heater controls. Its 2 clamp on grips with 3 wires coming off them. (high,low,ground)
Are you in Canada or USA?

So I would just need to add a rocker switch and some wiring?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts