Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back last night from the best riding of my life..so far. Headed to "the Hill" for some hopefully good riding, and couldn't have asked for more. Got there w/ 9" on the ground and calling for 1-3" on Friday night, got 9". Rode 212 miles on Sat. and saw some really neat country as well as met really great people. Started snowing again Sat. evening (called for 1"), got 5". Rode 205 miles on Sunday. 417 for the 2 days and had a blast doing it. Was a little bumpy at times but the rev earned it's place deep in my heart as it preformed perfectly. The only complaint is that someone posted about the shock boots causing the shocks to heat up and in the bumps of Tug Hill as I'm told it is known for, I checked the shocks after some really bumpy sections and to my surprise, you could barely touch my shocks, and my buddys shocks were cold. They look great, but take them off if your hitting bumpy stuff. Hope you like the pics and thanks to all who offered advice on going.
Nut

Attachments

·
Registered
4,798 Posts
If you had the "time of your life" last weekend, then you have not had your share of riding a snowmobile. This is BY far the worst year on RECORD for the hill and its snowfall amounts. I have pictures this time of the year, EVERY year, with 6ft+ of a BASE on the ground at my place! PLus, the 6-12'' of snow we get a night! Its just amazing! But i'm glad you had a wonderful time. COme back next season and then you will know what riding really is! Roads are ALWAYS 6-12'' of PACKED snow up on the hill. Its a BLAST WHEN we have snow! lol This year suks! Well, enjoy the rest of the season bro! -Chris

·
Super Moderator
29,359 Posts
Erik,
Glad you had a good time. I was headed to Tuggers for a cold one Friday night but never made it. I hope the directions were good for you too.

Now you've had a taste you'll have to come back when we have a real winter.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I know that this year sucks and I really feel for some of the businesses up there. I know that the owners of the River View may be selling as this year took a big bite out of them. I can't wait to come back (hopefully this year yet. Talked to Tom today (guy on the orange rev) and he want to go back as well. Bruce, your directions were great. I drove by Tuggers at 11:30 and was dead so we didn't stop. Hope you landed a big sale w/ the client dinner. You guys would have been proud of us, we hit Montague (obviously, we stayed there - Chanise, what a laugh she is, she had the whole bar full of men blushing after a story aboug AA batteries and how she uses so many of them...not in a flashlight either
), Martys, Stillwater, Flat Rock, Hilltop, Pine Tree (several times), Crowfoot, Hayloft?, Riverview (several times), Edge and a few other places which I can't think of. I'm hooked boys, we'll be back. 04 rev, that pic near the Montague is awesome. I want to see that next year!!
Nut

1 - 6 of 6 Posts