Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
4561 - 4580 of 4589 Posts

·
Registered
22,219 Posts
Do you let him put his head out the window? Might cure the car sickness, if not, he's in the right place.
Never tried it.

Sent from a Galaxy (S10) far, far away

·
Super Moderator
29,369 Posts
Sitting here tonight, Moose is 100% back to himself and we're pretty darn happy!

I have no idea what happened, I'm just glad he's still with us.

Actually I do have an idea, I'm leaning heavy towards the seizure deal. Like I said earlier, our daughters cat used to have them and there is a distinctive smell after he has one, the dog had that smell yesterday as well.

·
Premium Member
7,279 Posts
Well said Superman. Admittedly, I'm getting old and grumpy. Maybe the state of our "new" world has something to do with it but I have chosen to decline many "human" activities and socializations to stay home and be with my aging dogs. Maybe Im losing it…..
Im with ya Revs, our circle is small, and includes 2 cars, Aspyn, a few ppl, coffee in the morning, cocktails at night. Talkin ab old, i have a pretty big milestone tomorrow.........

·
Super Moderator
29,369 Posts
So I was at my buddy's today, as noted earlier, they have our dogs mom. Their dog had a seizure earlier this week.

Maybe our dog had a sympathy seizure.

I know...no such thing, but sure is odd.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Seems odd 2 dogs and a cat in the same area have them? For the two dogs could be genetics passed down, your vet know about the cat had them also? (Assume these are all from an area not to far apart)

·
Super Moderator
29,369 Posts
The cat hasn't had them in years. At the time he was having them we were putting an addition on our house so there was a lot of unusual activity going on. They were bad enough at the time he was on meds for them.

They said it could be stress induced, which apparently is a thing in cats.

After the addition was done and things calmed down the cat came off his meds and he hasn't had one since.

On the dog, both he and his mother have so far benign fatty tumors. My youngest, the RN, is wondering if maybe one of those might have put some pressure where it shouldn't be.

None of it makes sense to me and fortunately the dog is back to himself, like nothing ever happened.

·
Premium Member
7,279 Posts
2 days and counting til Aspyn gets first of 2 ccl surgeries....

was gonna post a vid of her walking, awkwardly, but with this new ‘system’ i dont know how to post vids all the sudden

Reactions: Hockeypuck

·
Premium Member
7,279 Posts
Successful surgery today, all went well, she’s home now, reeeeaaallly out of it, but hungry, so thats good. She wont be getting through any metal detectors with a metal hinge in her leg 😬. Poor girl. 6 weeks and she goes again....
say a prayer for our pup plz 🙏

4561 - 4580 of 4589 Posts