Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Unless I missed it stated, best time to go through and re-pack the bearings is at the end of the riding season before putting it in hibernation for summer.

·
Registered
13,551 Posts
I keep a close eye on the wheels, & replace the bearings as needed. In the last couple years, however, the bearings are usually fine, but the bearings get loose in the idler wheel, to the point that I remove the wheel, take out the snap ring, and can push the bearing out of the wheel with my fingers.

Anybody else have this happen? I'm guessing Skidoo changed something in the plastic of the wheel?
I've noticed this as well, where the wheel is loose on the bearing and wobbles. What I do is take an aluminum can and cut a strip a couple inches high and equal in length to the circumference of the bearing. I put the aluminum in the wheel, using the added height to guide the bearing in while keeping the aluminum in place, then use a knife to trim out the excess aluminum at the snap ring groove. Reinstall the snap ring and voila, wheel is nice and tight on the bearing for zero cost.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I'm still waiting for the guy to chime in and tell everybody to drill and install grease zerks on your idler bearings so you can pump them full of grease before every ride...

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
This is what you need to get the seals out leave the bearing in the wheel. I just replace the bearings every year with real good bearings I have had cheap bearings run dry mid way through the season.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,482 Posts
I know this is an old thread but over the last few months I've been doing mine little by little. Thought some comparison pictures would be nice.... Boy do we need snow, never thought I'd be bored enough to grease my Idler Wheels.

Sprayed em out with brake clean and repacked with Mobil 1 Syn, I don't know what grease was in there but it looked gritty.

fc8bca03ff03f393a5049da2e6adb8aa.jpg

c928c8aa1b2628b6a2eb081c968fe9f6.jpg

692ee3ec4a99a436b9a6553339fd401a.jpg

d7f7ca609aa1255e21a12b207cdb2064.jpg

dffb58a2eeefee2fccb353dc0290be88.jpg

3e095ff4128b8c1410200ac8537ee3de.jpg

·
Registered
13,874 Posts
Can someone post a good source for these high quality bearings that are less expensive than BRP's?.. Also are they all the same size and what size would I need to order.. I'd like to have some spares around.. I just spin the wheels and if they sound good I leave them alone. I've never had a bogie wheel bearing failure?

·
Registered
16,788 Posts
Can someone post a good source for these high quality bearings that are less expensive than BRP's?.. Also are they all the same size and what size would I need to order.. I'd like to have some spares around.. I just spin the wheels and if they sound good I leave them alone. I've never had a bogie wheel bearing failure?
Last set of 10 for now

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6205-2RS-10-pack-Double-Sealed-Bearings-25x52x15mm-EPISB103-/261859281518?hash=item3cf8078a6e:g:Z-gAAOSwPgxVNSPH

·
Registered
13,874 Posts
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MRC-Bearing-105KS27-new-6005-2RS-/191741398758?hash=item2ca4ad8ee6:g:xwkAAOSw7I5TuMFi

This is what I just put in my sled. These fit the upper wheels only Bearing number is 6005 2RS.

This is in an 09 gade, pre motion control, so IDK if they fit everything or not. This is the bearing you don't want to have trouble with in the winter. The rear of the skid HAS to be dropped to change these. Not so with all the rest. Got them for $4.00 each.

·
Registered
864 Posts
I had bought a sleeve of 10 bearings off eBay too.To bad they don't come in sleeves of 12.Eleven are needed to replace all bearings in an SC-3 suspension.I had a chunked front inner bogey wheel so purchased a new one off eBay so I was good on the bearing count.

·
Registered
13,874 Posts
Thanks guys... I got the last 10 pack from that seller on E-bay. verified 6005 2RS. Can you check the upper idlers by loosening track?

·
Registered
4,482 Posts
The bearings don't spin as freely with new packed grease. I took out the rear shaft today. A pain to do with the track on. Should of done it when I had the skid out and the track off. I was trying to get it back together in case we got snow. As I can see now it will be February before any of us ride.

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
For the rmotion 9-6004 wheels,1-6008 secondary shaft (just behind the clutch),2-6005 upper wheels,and 1-6010 left axle shaft.

41 - 60 of 81 Posts