Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took out my slides today, I shouldn't have. They were in great shape after 2600 miles on them. I just puchased some graphite slides. They were $30 instead of $20, so I got them. Anybody use them. What are your reactions on them. I am just curious to hear others reactions. I used them in the past and couldn't tell any diffference between the regualar ones.

Thanx,

-Team Scream

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
i used them on my old sx viper and they seemed to wear more than the regular yamaha ones on the same trail conditions. i didnt care for them. but on a ski doo they may be different. let us know what you find out

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
I have a 440 that eats sliders like no tommorw so i put out the extra 7 bucks or whaterver it was and bought them and have them on now. Cant tell ya how they work yet but we will see soon enough, Once i can get some miles logged on.

·
Tweak session time!
1,620 Posts
Got''em and have had no real issues with them. With last weekends riding in low snow conditions, they seemed to hold up well. I did notice what seemed to be a graphite-like dust all over my skid...but it cleaned up easily so not a big deal.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I put a set on this season, used 3 sets last year, so far they seem to standing up as good or better than stock, I've got 1700 kms on they show a little wear behind the idler in the middle of the track, I had aready installed extra idlers at the rear of the slide rail last year in an effort to curb wear. It's difficult to guage this year to last, although we have similar snow conditions, it's been rather mild all season with the suspension getting plenty of lube.

They were from KIMPEX $28 Cdn. One thing I noticed they don't seem to get scratched and gouged on the bottom wear surface like the OEMs, either they smoothen out (melt) or they don't scratch as easy, haven't figured that out yet. Bottom line is the're as good or possibly better than OEMs and they cost the same. (they feel a lot slipperier than stock to the touch)

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I would have to go back and look but I think I burned the stock slides off in about 3000kms last winter. I put on a set of graphites and ran them another 6000kms. The tails are wore a bit but their still on there....

·
Certifiable Sledhead and Cybertruck Reservation Ho
4,212 Posts
SkiDooorNothin said:
j.w said:
any doo talk sponsor sell the graphite slides?
[snapback]695215[/snapback]​
Don't know of Doo Talk Sponsor but ShadeTree has in stock.
[snapback]695445[/snapback]​
Cudney does. His link is in my sig.

·
In Search Of PAH!
1,853 Posts
I used them for a few years on my sled. Sure, they won't burn as much as the stockers when riding in low snow conditions, or icy conditions, but it seems to me that they are much harder than the stockers. I noticed a bunch more wear on the track clips than with the stock ones. I had to replace every clip after running them for a couple years, the metal that runs along the hyfax was very thin, and the steel was completely worn through on a few clips.

I have been using the regular ones for the past couple years, and my clips still look new.

(note: When I was using the graphite ones, I had a fully clipped track, and rode about 1000 miles per year, mostly in lower michigan. I would say about 50-100 miles of that per year was in low snow conditions.)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts