Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
I need to replace my heated grips for the rear passenger on my 2000 Grandtouring 600.

The grips run across a couple of bars that are all attached to the rear cargo rack on the back of the sled. Problem is that cargo rack is all welded and rivited together, and does not come apart. It seems like the current wrap (grips) have to be cut off. Does any one know of a wrap, or what to do to cover my new heating elements?

Since i cant use the one i cut off.

Thanks

·
Registered
218 Posts
I guess no one has any info on a some type of a grip that comes in a roll?

Also , wiring question. Ski doo stock rear hand warmers are a 4 wire system . Yellow being positive, coming from the front of the sled.

orange being low heat, orange/violet being high heat. yellow/black being neutral ground.

How would i hook up my new Kimpex grips, that basically have 2 wires running off of them, and one of those being a ground?

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
  • I believe you need the switch that goes with the Kimpex grips they have resistor built into them. if you just wire them up as is they will be on high all the time I think....good luck

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
  • I believe you need the switch that goes with the Kimpex grips they have resistor built into them. if you just wire them up as is they will be on high all the time I think....good luck
I have the switch that came with the grips, but it looks so ghetto. I was wondering if it was possible to hook up the kimpex grips using the oem switch?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Order new elements and grips from the dealer, both are shown to still be available. Cut the new grip lengthwise so it can wrap around the element and bar. Use contact adhesive to glue the new grip over the element and bar keeping the seem on the inside (toward the seat) so it can't be seen.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Order new elements and grips from the dealer, both are shown to still be available. Cut the new grip lengthwise so it can wrap around the element and bar. Use contact adhesive to glue the new grip over the element and bar keeping the seem on the inside (toward the seat) so it can't be seen.
Any idea what the oem grips go for ? The kimpex ones i picked up were $29

·
Registered
171 Posts
The site I looked them up researching your question was $34 for the elements and $11 for the grips. I'm sure if you spent some time researching them online you'd find a better deal and they wouldn't look "ghetto".

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The site I looked them up researching your question was $34 for the elements and $11 for the grips. I'm sure if you spent some time researching them online you'd find a better deal and they wouldn't look "ghetto".
I searched online, and didnt find anything cheaper than $35.00 in the U.S. By the time shipping charges were added, back up to $50.00 an element. In the end $46.99 per element. and $10.00 each per grip. At least the wires mach up now.

Thanks .

·
Registered
7 Posts
Did you end up figuring out the wiring? I have a similar problem, trying to figure out how to hook them up on a sled that didn't come with them originally. I figured I could grab the power off of the tail light.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts