Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hello,

I'm replacing the torsion springs in my 2000 grand touring 600. I have my skid out and spring loose. But I'm not sure how to get the idler wheel off to get the spring out.

I can take the set screw out of the silver retaining ring, but how do I get the retaining ring off?

From looking at the parts skematic I need to take that retaining ring off to access a hex bolt that is holding the wheel on.

I haven't tried prying or forcing the retaining ring off yet. I wanted to know if any tricks before I beat on it and break something.

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
The collar is holding the wheel on. With the set screw removed the wheel and collar can be pulled off. Likely some rust or corrosion will make it difficult. A block of wood and hammer to the back of the wheel may help after a few hours of applying some PB Blaster to the collar and bearing inner race area.

The only bolt there is the Allen head mount bolt.

Screenshot (22).png

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you David! Followed your advice and everything came loose nice and easy. You are awesome.

I dont know where PB Blaster has been my whole life, but my garage will never be without it now.

Reactions: David H
1 - 3 of 3 Posts