Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ran the sled for about 15 -20 minutes, pulled it into the garage and it would not start the next day. No spark on all 3 cylinders, checked DESS, still no spark, replaced plugs, no spark. I have checked all connectors and visible wiring and all look good. I believe it is either the stator or MPEM.

How do I check the stator?

Thanks

·
Registered
233 Posts
There'll be specs in the service manual on what the resistance of the stator windings should be, you just unplug the correct connector near the recoil and use an ohmmeter. but even without the spec, just check the resistance of it and make sure it's not open.

'later
nik

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
froesen said:
There'll be specs in the service manual on what the resistance of the stator windings should be, you just unplug the correct connector near the recoil and use an ohmmeter. but even without the spec, just check the resistance of it and make sure it's not open.

'later
nik
[snapback]683791[/snapback]​
Thanks Nik, I am not real technical but the manual says when testing the 'trigger coil'(I am assuming this is the stator?) I should get 190-300 ohms. It says to activate the manual starter 3 times to check the values. I have tried this on trigger coil number 1 & 2 and get nothing. It is hard to believe a part can fail this quick with no telltale sign. But if this is the case and I pull out the stator will I see visible signs that it has failed? Thanks, Jim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.