Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're heading to Grand Marais Thursday night, we're going to doo the GM 500, for those of you that don't know, that's 500 miles in a 24hr period. Sounds like it's going to be a cold trip. Anybody else DOOIN' it?

Grand Marias Website

Norm

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Did it in 2001 all on Saturday finished in a blizzard with 20 foot visibilty with both shocks and w channel broken in the rear of my 1999 SRX. 30 minutes after finishing a guy hit a tree in the same area and wasent found until 8 the next day.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
newm316 said:
Did it in 2001 all on Saturday finished in a blizzard with 20 foot visibilty with both shocks and w channel broken in the rear of my 1999 SRX. 30 minutes after finishing a guy hit a tree in the same area and wasent found until 8 the next day.
[snapback]260300[/snapback]​
Ouch, I can't imagine dooing 100 miles on an SRX.

·
Registered
338 Posts
We are headed up thurs to ride friday. 2 black renegade x's, 1 2000 RMK. Did it in 13.5 hours 2003. Buddys summit broke rear skid last year, had to quit at 300. Say hi if you see us.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nethawk said:
We are headed up thurs to ride friday. 2 black renegade x's, 1 2000 RMK. Did it in 13.5 hours 2003. Buddys summit broke rear skid last year, had to quit at 300. Say hi if you see us.

[snapback]263111[/snapback]​
I think were going to get up early on Saturday and doo it then, we probably won't roll into GM till about midnight Thursday, then it's time for
for a couple hours, we figured we'd just go play around on Friday and then doo the run on Saturday. We're staying at a Sunset Cabins, there'll be six rev's in our group.

Norm

·
Registered
648 Posts
We'll be in the area, black and red new Z, black and orange rev. Doo2

1 - 6 of 6 Posts