Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
It is one of the reasons why I chose a 900 na, the lack of problems.

I have also been looking for posts/threads on the 900 ACE but also never see many threads as the engines just keep on working, and working, and working.

·
Premium Member
1,355 Posts
The only engine related issues I've heard about were a bad injector, spark plug or fuel pump. Never had a problem myself. These are great engines.

Reactions: DirtFarmer01

·
Registered
66 Posts
Had my 2017 900 Renegade 2 years now. Bought it as a new in the box leftover in 2018. Got zero percent interest and a great price, couldn't pass it up. Did some clutch mods I found here on bar549 Ace build thread, much faster sled now and zero issues to report. Great trail sled, love the quiet and gas mileage!

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
I have had five 900's...... three currently...... I have had zero issues with any of them. I could not be happier.... especially saying good-bye to spring ordering just to get an extended warranty. I'll by left-over 900's all day long now and save a few thousands without being worried it only has a 1-year warranty. ;)

If you want a fun and reliable sled that just runs and runs and runs, buy a 900.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Same reason why I jumped all over my leftover 2017. My ride time is limited with my job and distance I travel to get to snow. Buying a brand new sled was something that never seemed economical until that ‘17 showed up in my search while I was looking for a used 900 last winter. I ride with some guys that have 900’s also and seeing how reliable, quiet, and the mpg’s were I was sold. I only have 300 miles on mine so far. I just barely reached break in on it. Only issue I’ve had was a bad chain case gasket. I can’t wait to get back on the sled and really put on some miles.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I agree with all the above.

My 2015 has 8K trouble free miles. I keep thinking that maybe I will trade up to the G4 platform. For those who owned the 900 in the XS and moved up to the G4, did you notice much of an improvement? I know it produces a few more HP but any other differences?

·
Registered
666 Posts
Other than the electric reverse!

How are the new G4 sleds with the redesigned electric reverse doing? Does anyone know if these are reliable now?

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I agree with all the above.

My 2015 has 8K trouble free miles. I keep thinking that maybe I will trade up to the G4 platform. For those who owned the 900 in the XS and moved up to the G4, did you notice much of an improvement? I know it produces a few more HP but any other differences?
I have a 2015 900, a 2018 900, and a 2020 900, the 2020 definitely has a lot more torque than the older ones. I don't know about top end speed as I haven't really had a chance to check that out yet. My only complaint is it's a colder ride than the xs sleds.

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
These 900 Ace sleds keep ticking away just like a fine made Swiss Watch. One of, if not, the best trail sled engines ever built.

Bob

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
Thanks. Here the comment alot and glad I was able to add more fun to the 900 Ace experience.

Bob

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
I have a 2015 900, a 2018 900, and a 2020 900, the 2020 definitely has a lot more torque than the older ones. I don't know about top end speed as I haven't really had a chance to check that out yet. My only complaint is it's a colder ride than the xs sleds.
That is why I decided to add a couple left-over 900's The consensus seemed to be the G4 was not as warm and the XS and even some complained about the seat comfort.

I have a lot of XS accessories and it is nice to swap them from one sled to another as needed. After hearing the early feedback on the G4 and since Doo dropped the 900 in the 129 chassis, I picked up a left-over 2017 TNT 900 for my wife back in April 2018 and I also picked up a left-over 2016 Blizzard 900 at the same time and saved a bunch of money.

I then sold the 2015 Adrenaline 900 after buying the two left-over sleds and just sold my 2016 Enduro 900 to Mainewood this fall to get the stable down to three. We now just have a 2017 Enduro 900 and the TNT and Blizzard and I don't see replacing any of them anytime soon.

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
Have worked on and ridden both chassis, XS/G4 and prefer the XS. The XS is warmer, easier to work on, no frozen steering and no real advantage to the G4 chassis. Just my opinion, not bashing. I will say, the one item I like is the P-Drive Primary, very nice clutch.

Bob

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Have worked on and ridden both chassis, XS/G4 and prefer the XS. The XS is warmer, easier to work on, no frozen steering and no real advantage to the G4 chassis. Just my opinion, not bashing. I will say, the one item I like is the P-Drive Primary, very nice clutch.

Bob
The g4 has a better designed chain case. You can check chain tension without removing muffler and it actually has a drain plug.

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
The g4 has a better designed chain case. You can check chain tension without removing muffler and it actually has a drain plug.
Forgot about that.

Bob

·
Registered
839 Posts
Have had two XS 900's and moved to the G4 900 last season. Hands down like the G4 much better. Love the seat on the G4. Seat of the pants feels much stronger performance than the XS 900's. Feet do freeze on the G4 so beware.

These 900's are so incredibly dependable.

mike

Reactions: schreibdave
1 - 20 of 61 Posts