Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got my BM 800 back this weekend. I have ridden it 400 miles this year and the motor blew. I rode it 600 last year and had to have rings put in. What does next year have in store?
Anyhow. Inner crank seal went on my and all the grease got washed out and that was it. I had the outer seal retainer on so what happens. The inner blows out. Ski-Doo paid for a brand new crank and piston; $600 worth. Isn't that kinda like admission of guilt for faulty design. Oh wait Doo said it was on good faith. Also replaced carb boot with V Force 3. Carb boots, crank seals, crank bearings, crank seals. How does Doo get away with it with no class actions or recalls?

·
Registered
272 Posts
TTT Re-did the 600 last year 800HO this year crank just went and all of my buddys 600s needed work in the motor. Im a di-hard Doo fan but Im dieing fast apex is looking good I just want it in a rev.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Same story, but 2200miles on a replacement block for an 04 800,seized. Got 1925 on the first after it threw a mag side rod out the bottom and a seize at 2200 on the second after a wot for 10 seconds. Hopefully the dealer can pull some strings. Out of warranty by 3 months on this last block. Starting to give up on this Doo situation......

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I love my rev but I can't afford to put a grand into it every year. Maybe I should put a Polaris or Arctic Cat motor in my Rev. Then I will have a good sled.

·
Certifiable Sledhead and Cybertruck Reservation Ho
4,212 Posts
bmr7c said:
Well I got my BM 800 back this weekend. I have ridden it 400 miles this year and the motor blew. I rode it 600 last year and had to have rings put in. What does next year have in store?
Anyhow. Inner crank seal went on my and all the grease got washed out and that was it. I had the outer seal retainer on so what happens. The inner blows out. Ski-Doo paid for a brand new crank and piston; $600 worth. Isn't that kinda like admission of guilt for faulty design. Oh wait Doo said it was on good faith. Also replaced carb boot with V Force 3. Carb boots, crank seals, crank bearings, crank seals. How does Doo get away with it with no class actions or recalls?
[snapback]737294[/snapback]​
Put a breather on the case nipple this time. It blows my mind how everyone's slapping retainers on without doing this simple mod. It's a no-brainer... if the outer's held in place with a retainer and the grease (and hot air) expands too much then the inner's gotta give. Doo knows this too, it's why the 06s come with a tiny hole in the nipple cap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts