Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
MTM

you seem to know alot about Toyota, do you know of anyone with the new Tacoma and what they are getting for actual Gas Mileage?

I am in a catch 22, I need a truck but yet I commute 78 miles a day. I have always had GM full size but would possibly go to a mid size if I could pick up some MPG.

·
planes take off against the wind
15,035 Posts

·
found elsewhere
11,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bet to differ as to which is more stock in current times not 1997

·
15,035 Posts
97 (actually F150 was new for 96. but expanded in 97) is what they were referring to in the text. The old iron lives on as chase units.

You will find 2 major types of truck vehicles in SCORE (baja, etc...)
The Trophy trucks - which are the ones that get the coverage and will the races outright.
and the stockers, which as they say are mostly stock save some changes.
Trophy trucks are like off road F1 cars - massive suspensions that are measured in FEET of travel and can take big terrain at high speed (mad max style) (Very fun to be in by the way but plan on dust getting into places yoy never thought possible). These are the first out at the start of a race, they get the majority of coverage and the big teams use helecopters to guide them. There is a driver and navigator (like rally) but because of the vast terrain and dust the copters steer thier teams through the desert. These ALSO get 3-4 'support' teams - service teams with similar vehicles or older racers than chase the truck and can fix anything in the field should it break down. Honestly its fun but not as challeging as pro rally is for me.
Stockers are restricted from most of this type of support but the companies use it for durability feedback. The factory support guy used to sit next to me years ago so I got allot of the dirt and connection from him.

·
found elsewhere
11,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Id see tons of them when I was stationed in the Mojave Desert region. We'd be out dove hunting in the desert and see these things coming by tearing up the roads. Lots of 4 wheelers with the little tires on them too.

·
15,035 Posts
MTM said:
Id see tons of them when I was stationed in the Mojave Desert region. We'd be out dove hunting in the desert and see these things coming by tearing up the roads. Lots of 4 wheelers with the little tires on them too.
[snapback]707346[/snapback]​
Ya - those are the other classes - baja buggies - not your dads VW....

I used to go for the Laughlin race but stopped a few years back. I dont remember why... Maybe the wife remembers....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.